• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Hello from SC

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Tai_pan1 - Posted March 17 2022 - 1:08 PM

Tai_pan1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
  • LocationGoose Creek, South Carolina, USA

Hello everyone!  Ants have always fascinated me since I was a kid.  I’ve recently retired and have some time on my hands and I started watching ant keeping videos.  I’m excited that ant keeping has evolved to the point where I can participate.

I’ve procured some test tubes and hope to catch my first queen sometime in the near future.  I would really like to catch a camponotus to start.

I look forward to learning from y’all in the forum.

Mike 

• ANTdrew and AntBoi3030 like this

#2 Offline antgallery - Posted March 17 2022 - 1:21 PM

antgallery

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  • LocationTroy, MO

Hi! Ants are just starting to fly so luckily you won't have to wait too long to go looking! Camponotus should be flying within the next couple of weeks so keep an eye out for them. I tend to see them in the afternoon, they are easy to spot because they are so big! Happy anting!

• Tai_pan1 likes this

#3 Offline ColAnt735 - Posted March 17 2022 - 3:59 PM

ColAnt735

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 406 posts
  • LocationOntario,Canada
Welcome to the forum! Prenolepis imparis (Winter ants or False Honeypot ants )and Camponotus (Carpenter ant) queens should be flying soon.

Edited by ColAnt735, March 17 2022 - 4:00 PM.

• azzaaazzzz00, Tai_pan1 and lazyant like this

"If an ant carries an object a hundred times it's weight,you can carry burdens many times your size.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users