• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Hello everyone my introduction

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Floridaantz1000 - Posted March 16 2022 - 8:58 AM

Floridaantz1000

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationCrestview Florida

Hello everyone my name is James and I love spreading joy to others. What I don't get is how when I try to spread joy to others people think I am tricking them, but really I just want to make people happy. When I was a kid I came from a bad neighborhood and you can bet that we did not even celebrate christmas. My Mom was too poor, and my dad was an alcoholic. When I was a kid I tried to find ways to distract myself from my pain. One of the things most effective at numbing my pain was antkeeping. Although back then I was not really good at antkeeping I did sometimes have success. It brought joy to my life everytime I would see my ants succeed, but it also made me long to have what the ants had. Acceptance. I noticed that no matter what the ants played an important role to the colony and each one was treated fairly with lots of love. Oh how I longed for that. Then one day a realization had popped up in my head. There were probably tons of kids who had longed for the same thing I did, and they probably all went through similar experiences. They all wanted love and acceptance. I thought to myself from then on that I would be as kind to people as I possibly could to help remove the evil from this world and bring joy , love and hope. Now I am kind to everyone I meet in the hopes that they will feel the hope and love I have for everyone. I also love celebrating special events in history with my ants by feeding them all sorts of goodies. Any way I hope to bring a smile to each and every one of you.

#2 Offline TennesseeAnts - Posted March 16 2022 - 10:08 AM

TennesseeAnts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,920 posts
  • LocationNashville, Tennessee

Yeah, we know exactly who you are. :blush:

Edited by TennesseeAnts, March 16 2022 - 10:12 AM.

• CheetoLord02, Manitobant, OiledOlives and 2 others like this

#3 Offline bullyfan - Posted March 16 2022 - 10:10 AM

bullyfan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

sup preny

Edited by bullyfan, March 16 2022 - 10:10 AM.

• TennesseeAnts likes this

#4 Offline mazmurlo - Posted March 16 2022 - 10:12 AM

mazmurlo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationBay Area, CA
Thank you Preny for the introduction! I assume you now want to send me P. occidentalis (using a photo of some P. badius workers)?
  • TennesseeAnts, CheetoLord02, Manitobant and 3 others like this

#5 Offline AleeGuy - Posted March 16 2022 - 10:21 AM

AleeGuy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 383 posts
  • LocationNorthern Virginia
My beloved Preny, you don’t have to introduce yourself, everybody knows who you are. 🥰
  • TennesseeAnts and bullyfan like this

#6 Offline Jadeninja9 - Posted March 16 2022 - 11:15 AM

Jadeninja9

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 552 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco Bay Area, CA
So you’re just supposed to believe that he’s some sort of Ant Santa bringing ant joy to the children of the world lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • TennesseeAnts, ANTdrew and Manitobant like this

#7 Offline Darthvader - Posted March 16 2022 - 2:11 PM

Darthvader

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • LocationIowa

Hey preny! what's up?

#8 Offline TennesseeAnts - Posted March 16 2022 - 4:49 PM

TennesseeAnts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,920 posts
  • LocationNashville, Tennessee

So you’re just supposed to believe that he’s some sort of Ant Santa bringing ant joy to the children of the world lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why of course! Why wouldn't you? He's obviously such a nice and generous person!

Edited by TennesseeAnts, March 16 2022 - 4:50 PM.

• Jadeninja9 and Antkeeper01 like this

#9 Offline PaigeX - Posted March 17 2022 - 3:31 AM

PaigeX

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 333 posts
  • LocationGympie, QLD, Australia

seems I'm outa the circle. idk who this person is  :blush:

• antsriondel likes this

Favourite Genus: Polyrhachis 

Journal: Main

Instagram: australian_polyrhachis

May God Bless you.

#10 Offline AntsDakota - Posted March 17 2022 - 7:54 AM

AntsDakota

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,994 posts
  • LocationSioux Falls, South Dakota

How clever! There is no better way of gaining people's sympathies from a sob story, whether or not it be true. I will give Preny this, he knows how to tell a tale XD. But better luck next time. Also, if he came from such a bad neighborhood, why then is his writing so fluid? If a commodity such as celebrating Christmas was impossible, then surely school wouldn't have went so well either.

• TennesseeAnts, Somethinghmm and bmb1bee like this

"God made..... all the creatures that move along the ground according to their kinds. (including ants) And God saw that it was good. Genesis 1:25 NIV version

#11 Offline bmb1bee - Posted March 17 2022 - 1:27 PM

bmb1bee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 765 posts
  • LocationHayward, CA

How clever! There is no better way of gaining people's sympathies from a sob story, whether or not it be true. I will give Preny this, he knows how to tell a tale XD. But better luck next time. Also, if he came from such a bad neighborhood, why then is his writing so fluid? If a commodity such as celebrating Christmas was impossible, then surely school wouldn't have went so well either.

This is like, a perfectly valid arguement even without Preny accusations. 

• TennesseeAnts, Manitobant, AntsDakota and 1 other like this

"Float like a butterfly sting like a bee, his eyes can't hit what the eyes can't see." - Muhammad Ali

Check out my shop and Camponotus journal! Discord user is bmb1bee if you'd like to chat.

#12 Offline AntsDakota - Posted March 17 2022 - 1:47 PM

AntsDakota

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,994 posts
  • LocationSioux Falls, South Dakota

Valid arguments are my specialty. 

• TennesseeAnts likes this

"God made..... all the creatures that move along the ground according to their kinds. (including ants) And God saw that it was good. Genesis 1:25 NIV version

#13 Offline AntsCali098 - Posted March 21 2022 - 2:39 PM

AntsCali098

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 982 posts
  • LocationLong Beach, California (SoCal)

seems I'm outa the circle. idk who this person is :blush:

He's a scammer. Stay away if he offers anything
  • PaigeX likes this

Interested buying in ants? Feel free to check out my shop

Feel free to read my journals, like this one.

Wishlist:

Atta sp (wish they were in CA), Crematogaster cerasi, Most Pheidole species

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users