• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Hello, I'm from Croatia

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Kristijan - Posted December 26 2021 - 1:47 PM

Kristijan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationCroatia, Zagreb

Hi! I've been an antkeeper for 4 years, I'd say I am quite experienced at antkeeping, currently I have 3 Crematogaster scutellaris queens, 3 Lasius niger colonies, 1 Lasius flavus colony with 2 queens, 3 Lasius emarginatus colonies, 2 Tetramorium immigrans colonies, 1 Dolichoderus quadripunctatus colony, 1 Lasius brunneus colony and 1 Solenopsis fugax queen.

• AntBoi3030 and PaigeX like this

#2 Offline AntBoi3030 - Posted December 26 2021 - 3:57 PM

AntBoi3030

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 716 posts
  • LocationMaryland
Hi! Welcome. I’m super jealous of your Lasius flavus. I really like yellow ants for some reason lol.

Edited by AntBoi3030, December 26 2021 - 3:59 PM.

• Antkeeper01 and Kristijan like this

My favorite queens/colony’s:
Pheidole Tysoni, Selonopis Molesta, Brachymyrmex Depilis, Tetramorium Immagrians, Prenolepis Imparis, Pheidole Bicirinata 

#3 Offline ANTdrew - Posted December 26 2021 - 4:00 PM

ANTdrew

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,409 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, VA

Hi! Welcome. I’m super jealous of your Lasius flavus. I really like yellow ants for some reason lol.

He is from Croatia.
Welcome to the forum! My father’s family came from Croatia long ago.
"The ants are a people not strong, yet they prepare their meat in the summer." Prov. 30:25
Keep ordinary ants in extraordinary ways.

#4 Offline Skwiggledork - Posted December 26 2021 - 7:14 PM

Skwiggledork

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 367 posts
  • LocationUlster county, NY

Welcome. Sounds like you have some very nice colonies. I'd love some pictures.

#5 Offline PaigeX - Posted December 27 2021 - 6:35 AM

PaigeX

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 333 posts
  • LocationGympie, QLD, Australia

Welcome to the form! I had to google those names as I'm from AUS and still learning about over seas names. Dolichoderus quadripunctatus looks cool and I love the look of the Solenopsis fugax Queen (also because she has yellow workers)And I agree with AntBoi3030, Yellow ants are so cool and cute.

• Antkeeper01 likes this

Favourite Genus: Polyrhachis 

Journal: Main

Instagram: australian_polyrhachis

May God Bless you.

#6 Offline Kristijan - Posted December 27 2021 - 12:58 PM

Kristijan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationCroatia, Zagreb

Thanks for all the warm welcomes, honestly I did not expect it!

I'd certainly take pictures but they're all in hibernation at the moment and I didn't take many pictures of these queens.

Some pictures I did take I uploaded to imgur:

https://imgur.com/a/3EZaIL3(the quality is bad with most pictures since I had an old phone back then)

Antboi3030 I agree with you, yellow is one of the best colors an ant can have, Lasius flavus, Solenopsis fugax and Temnothorax have the best shades of yellow

• Skwiggledork, Antkeeper01, SYUTEO and 2 others like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users