• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo
* * * * * 4 votes

antsriondels colonys

colonys ants formicariums

103 replies to this topic

#101 Offline antsriondel - Posted July 22 2022 - 7:47 AM

antsriondel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Okay so, today I checked on my Liometopum Luctuosum queens and one of them had workers! :yahoo:  Pictures coming tomorrow hopefully.

#102 Offline antsriondel - Posted July 26 2022 - 6:45 AM

antsriondel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 391 posts

All Lio colonies now have workers, biggest colony at around 10-14 workers strong.

Edited by antsriondel, August 2 2022 - 3:22 PM.

#103 Offline antsriondel - Posted August 2 2022 - 3:34 PM

antsriondel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Yes! Finally! Queen Glory finally layed some eggs after a five month break. Is this normal for formica  :o

As for my other colonies, Lio colony one has 18-22 workers, Lio colony two has 6-9 workers with plenty more coming, and Lio colony three has 12-14 workers. The Night Runners have just been in a kind of mid-year hibernation and have not developed at all.

Edited by antsriondel, August 2 2022 - 3:35 PM.

#104 Offline antsriondel - Posted August 7 2022 - 5:13 PM

antsriondel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Yes! Finally! I have pictures!

Liometopum luctuosum colony #1. They have plenty of brood, and are eating very nicely.

Attached File  IMG_4209.JPG   294.96KB   1 downloads

Attached File  IMG_4210.JPG   203.11KB   1 downloads

Liometopum luctuosum colony #2. this colony moved into the entrance of their outworld so there is no use trying to take pictures of their queen and brood.

Attached File  IMG_4212.JPG   162.68KB   1 downloads

Liometopum luctuosum colony #3. This colony has been doing the best of all my Liometopum colonies. They have an ever increasing brood pile and an insane appetite.

Attached File  IMG_4213.JPG   183.1KB   1 downloads

Attached File  IMG_4214.JPG   194.33KB   1 downloads

The Night Runners. Nothing to update.... Except for pictures.

Attached File  IMG_4211.JPG   146.9KB   1 downloads

The Darkwings. They have pupae! This colony is finally starting to get in their groove.

Attached File  IMG_4216.JPG   172.17KB   1 downloads

Attached File  IMG_4215.JPG   157.13KB   1 downloads

Attached File  IMG_4217.JPG   150.24KB   1 downloads

And then my unnamed camponotus Modoc colony. This colony is growing nicely, with plenty of brood.

Attached File  IMG_4218.JPG   241.55KB   1 downloads

And finally my Aphaenogaster. This colony had a huge die off mainly due to me not hydrating their setup. so now they are down to two queens, one worker, and a pile of eggs.

Attached File  IMG_4221.JPG   213.92KB   1 downloads

Any name suggestions for the Camponotus and Liometopum colonies are welcome!

• lazyant likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: colonys, ants, formicariums

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users