• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Where can I find books?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Max_Connor - Posted November 16 2021 - 9:00 PM

Max_Connor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts
Hi!
I couldn't find any full and free pdf versions of some ant books like "Journey to the ants", so I'm wandering what some good sources could be, if you don't mind sharing...
  • Andres_Verver likes this

#2 Offline ANTdrew - Posted November 17 2021 - 3:07 AM

ANTdrew

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,470 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, VA
Order your own copies through Amazon, or check libraries depending on your location.
  • Antkeeper01 and Chickalo like this
"The ants are a people not strong, yet they prepare their meat in the summer." Prov. 30:25
Keep ordinary ants in extraordinary ways.

#3 Offline Chickalo - Posted November 17 2021 - 5:17 AM

Chickalo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 809 posts
  • LocationSalem, Massachusetts

The library in my town is part of a collective system known as NOBLE (North of Boston Library Exchange), meaning the Swampscott library can request books from other libraries also in NOBLE.  Towns include Swampscott, Beverly, Peabody, Everett, Lynn, Lynnfield, Melrose, Revere, Salem, etc.  However, they also are connected to colleges of the following: 

Bunker Hill Community College, Endicott College, Gordon College, Merrimack College, Montserrat College of Art, Northern Essex Community College, Phillips Academy, and Salem State University. 

This means I get request actual scientific books about ants instead of the picture books made for kids.  The majority of the ant books I've read come from Salem State, so yeah.

• Antkeeper01 likes this

シグナチャーです。예.

#4 Offline Max_Connor - Posted November 17 2021 - 6:18 PM

Max_Connor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts
The thing is I'm not in the US or Europe, so ebooks are the only option. All the pay for versions cost like an Oecophylla smaragdina queen.

#5 Offline PaigeX - Posted November 20 2021 - 4:46 PM

PaigeX

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 333 posts
  • LocationGympie, QLD, Australia

Hi!
I couldn't find any full and free pdf versions of some ant books like "Journey to the ants", so I'm wandering what some good sources could be, if you don't mind sharing...

2-hand book shops are great for that. But won't have many up-to-date books. Nice to read older ones tho.

Favourite Genus: Polyrhachis 

Journal: Main

Instagram: australian_polyrhachis

May God Bless you.

#6 Offline Skwiggledork - Posted November 20 2021 - 4:51 PM

Skwiggledork

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 367 posts
  • LocationUlster county, NY

Sign up for a college. Drop out before the first class starts and get a refund. Use school login to browse scientific articles through their library. Works for me. XD

• PaigeX likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users