• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

rove beetles? Myrmecophiles?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Offline futurebird - Posted August 10 2021 - 9:09 PM

futurebird

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 827 posts
  • LocationNew York City, NY

Do any of you have them in your colonies? How destructive are they? Would you want to have a few in a colony just to observe?

Starting this July I'm posting videos of my ants every week on youTube.

I like to make relaxing videos that capture the joy of watching ants.

If that sounds like your kind of thing... follow me >here<

#2 Offline SYUTEO - Posted August 10 2021 - 10:18 PM

SYUTEO

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 628 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

I used to have a colony of Black crazy ants with ant-loving crickets (Myrmecophilidae). From what I know, Myrmecophiles don't pose much of a threat to your ant colonies but they do use up some of the ants' food (maybe except Ant nest beetles (Paussinae) also known as 'Flanged bombardier beetles' where they eat the ants' brood and they protect themselves from the ants by releasing boiling hot chemicals from their bodies).

• futurebird likes this

Began antkeeping in 2018  :)

All ant journal: https://www.formicul...os-ant-journal/

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users