• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use, and contain no ads for members. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo
- - - - -

AntBoi303’s tetramorium immigrans journal

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Offline AntBoi3030 - Posted July 16 2021 - 2:20 PM

AntBoi3030

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 321 posts
  • LocationMaryland USA
Hello good people of formiculture, this has been a dream of mine since last agust I’ve always wanted a tetromruim colony. I caught this queen on June 4th and I’m guessing it took her a little bit over four weeks. Because when I checked on her and saw she had ten workers the majority of them were mature. I fed them their first meal of berry sugar water. Their brood pile is nice and they are a healthy colony. I plan on feeding them some crickets tomorrow.

Attached Files

• Antkeeper01 and eea like this
Keeping:
tapinoma sessile, lasius aphidicola, temnothorax curvispinosus ,nylanderia flavipes, prenolepis impairs
Founding:
camponotus chromaiodes x2, camponotus pennsylvanicus x1, tetramorium immigrans x6, temnothorax curvispinosus x13, Colobopsis impressa x2, camponotus castaneus x1, Temnothorax dbbga03 (undescribed)x4 pheidole bicarinata x2 pheidole tysoni x5 (hooray :D) aphenogaster cf. rudis x3 selonopis molesta x2 Formica pallidefulva-group x2 nylanderia sp. x1 pheidole pilfera x1 lasius americanus x4 Monomorium minimum x1

#2 Offline AntBoi3030 - Posted July 20 2021 - 8:12 AM

AntBoi3030

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 321 posts
  • LocationMaryland USA
I’ve been feeding the them once or twice a day (protein meals) so I’m hoping they can get a lot of brood but their test tubes getting mouldy D:
Anyone know how difficult tetromruim is to move?
Keeping:
tapinoma sessile, lasius aphidicola, temnothorax curvispinosus ,nylanderia flavipes, prenolepis impairs
Founding:
camponotus chromaiodes x2, camponotus pennsylvanicus x1, tetramorium immigrans x6, temnothorax curvispinosus x13, Colobopsis impressa x2, camponotus castaneus x1, Temnothorax dbbga03 (undescribed)x4 pheidole bicarinata x2 pheidole tysoni x5 (hooray :D) aphenogaster cf. rudis x3 selonopis molesta x2 Formica pallidefulva-group x2 nylanderia sp. x1 pheidole pilfera x1 lasius americanus x4 Monomorium minimum x1

#3 Offline ANTdrew - Posted July 20 2021 - 9:20 AM

ANTdrew

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,240 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, VA
They are super easy to move.
  • AntBoi3030 likes this

"The ants are a people not strong, yet they prepare their meat in the summer." Prov. 30:25  

Keep ordinary ants in extraordinary ways.

#4 Offline AntBoi3030 - Posted July 20 2021 - 10:56 AM

AntBoi3030

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 321 posts
  • LocationMaryland USA
Update:
They are doing well besides the mould (I’ll move them soon) they ate a moth the size of a queen in less than 5 hours |: here’s a picture of them dragging half a mini roach and also a large larvae next to the queen. Maybe a bigger worker?
Edit: it looks like the moth’s wings are hers lol

Attached Files

Edited by AntBoi3030, July 20 2021 - 10:57 AM.

• Antkeeper01 likes this
Keeping:
Founding:

#5 Offline AntBoi3030 - Posted July 21 2021 - 6:24 PM

AntBoi3030

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 321 posts
  • LocationMaryland USA
It took all day but they finally moved. I got a good look at their brood pile. I think it’s a pretty good size right? The queen was just starting to lay eggs. I hope she’ll continue to lay though

Attached Files

Keeping:
Founding:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users