• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo
- - - - -

Is this a parasitic mite?

mites mite parasite

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Offline SYUTEO - Posted July 15 2021 - 6:14 AM

SYUTEO

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 368 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

The one I'm asking for ID is the red mite (the darker colored mite). There are young garbage mites for scale. It has infected three of my colonies. Are the mites harmful to my ants? Any ideas on how to get them off the ants? I couldn't find anyone selling predatory mites in where I live. Please help!!

Attached File  WhatsApp Image 2021-07-15 at 9.19.31 PM.jpeg   15.64KB   1 downloads

Attached File  WhatsApp Image 2021-07-15 at 9.29.51 PM.jpeg   18.37KB   1 downloads

Edited by SYUTEO, July 15 2021 - 10:51 PM.

Antkeeping since 2018   :)

My current list:

Camponotus parius x1, Pheidole parva x1, Camponotus irritans x1, Meranoplus bicolor x2, Lepisiota rothneyi x1, Odontoponera denticulata x1,  Anochetus sp x1, Monomorium monomorium x1, Tetramorium cf lanuginosum x1, Strumigenys sp x1, Odontomachus simillimus x1, Iridomyrmex anceps x1, Crematogaster sp x1, Euponera sharpi x1

All ant journal: https://www.formicul...os-ant-journal/

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mites, mite, parasite

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users