• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Maryland anting

maryland queens local ants

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Offline AntBoi3030 - Posted June 30 2021 - 4:13 PM

AntBoi3030

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 716 posts
  • LocationMaryland
Hi all, I know there is a Massachusetts and Virginia thread but Maryland is excluded from both of them. Here you can post about ants found and just the Maryland anting community. Enjoy!

My favorite queens/colony’s:
Pheidole Tysoni, Selonopis Molesta, Brachymyrmex Depilis, Tetramorium Immagrians, Prenolepis Imparis, Pheidole Bicirinata 

#2 Offline ANTdrew - Posted June 30 2021 - 4:36 PM

ANTdrew

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,376 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, VA
Good luck. Hopefully AntsMaryland will chime in here.
  • Antkeeper01 and AntBoi3030 like this
"The ants are a people not strong, yet they prepare their meat in the summer." Prov. 30:25
Keep ordinary ants in extraordinary ways.

#3 Offline AntBoi3030 - Posted June 30 2021 - 4:52 PM

AntBoi3030

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 716 posts
  • LocationMaryland
Idk he stop talking to me a few weeks ago :(

Pheidole Tysoni, Selonopis Molesta, Brachymyrmex Depilis, Tetramorium Immagrians, Prenolepis Imparis, Pheidole Bicirinata 

#4 Offline aznphenom - Posted April 10 2022 - 5:30 PM

aznphenom

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 260 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Thanks for the invite. We also have a DMV discord if you're interested
https://discord.gg/Su9Pu3Ypqd

• OiledOlives and AntBoi3030 like this
Keeps: Camponotus, Tetra

Wants (Please reach out if you have them for sale if you’re in the US): Acromyrmex Sp., Atta Sp., Cephalotes Sp., Myrmecocystus Sp (Prefer Mexicanus), Odontomachus Sp. (Prefer Desertorum), Pachycondyla Sp., Pheidole Sp (Prefer Rhea. The bigger the better. Not the tiny bicarinata), Pogonomyrmex Sp (Prefer Badius)., Pseudomyrmex Sp. (Prefer the cute yellow ones)

#5 Offline ANTdrew - Posted April 10 2022 - 6:15 PM

ANTdrew

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,376 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, VA
Or do you guys want to join Maryland to the Virginia thread to make it a DMV group? I could edit the title now.
  • AntBoi3030 likes this
"The ants are a people not strong, yet they prepare their meat in the summer." Prov. 30:25
Keep ordinary ants in extraordinary ways.

#6 Offline AntBoi3030 - Posted April 11 2022 - 11:02 AM

AntBoi3030

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 716 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Or do you guys want to join Maryland to the Virginia thread to make it a DMV group? I could edit the title now.

sounds like a good idea

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: maryland, queens, local, ants

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users