• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Thoughts on feeding fully claustrophobic queens when in founding stage

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Komuso - Posted June 25 2021 - 1:30 PM

Komuso

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationFlorida
It seems to not be too popular but is there any situation where you should? Like if your queen is stressed from being shipped will a drop of honey effect her? If they’re fed in this stage will they starve after because they expect to be eating regularly?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Komuso, September 10 2021 - 3:54 PM.

#2 Offline ANTdrew - Posted June 25 2021 - 1:44 PM

ANTdrew

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,434 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, VA
Life would be really rough for a claustrophobic ant, pretty near impossible!
Fully claustral queens don’t need to be fed. A bit of carbohydrates can give them some energy to start off, but it isn’t necessary. No harm will come from it in the long run, though.
  • Manitobant and Max_Connor like this
"The ants are a people not strong, yet they prepare their meat in the summer." Prov. 30:25
Keep ordinary ants in extraordinary ways.

#3 Offline Komuso - Posted June 25 2021 - 2:14 PM

Komuso

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationFlorida
I can’t believe I typed claustrophobic instead of claustral can someone come kill me. Anyways thanks!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users