• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

NicholasP's Monomorium Minimum

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Offline NicholasP - Posted April 24 2021 - 10:04 PM

NicholasP

Vendor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 763 posts
  • LocationGrand Rapids, Michigan

When I say Mono you say Morium! Mono! Morium Mono! Morium! Who doesn't like a nice colony of monomorium that are smaller then Brachymyrmex Patagonicus workers. I caught them today with my friend CheetoLord and some other friends went out looking for ants! Of course umm... Long story short umm... There was a Acanthomyops colony and we all know what happens with Acanthomyops when you aspirate near them... So umm what was really wacky is that the Acanthomyops (parasitic Lasius) were nesting right next to a Monomorium colony which was nesting next to a Solenopsis colony... It was really wacky... But i grabbed myself the queen with lots of brood. I'll post pics once they go into their nest!

Edited by NicholasP, June 14 2021 - 6:30 PM.

• Antkeeper01 likes this

#2 Offline ANTdrew - Posted April 25 2021 - 2:33 AM

ANTdrew

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,402 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, VA
Welcome to Team Minimumist! You should share your experiences in our Monomorium minimum info thread.
https://www.formicul...o/?fromsearch=1
  • Antkeeper01 likes this
"The ants are a people not strong, yet they prepare their meat in the summer." Prov. 30:25
Keep ordinary ants in extraordinary ways.

#3 Offline NoveltyAntsYT - Posted April 28 2021 - 8:36 PM

NoveltyAntsYT

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

update...?

• Antkeeper01 likes this

#4 Offline ANTdrew - Posted April 29 2021 - 2:15 AM

ANTdrew

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,402 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, VA
He updated four days ago.
  • Antkeeper01 likes this
"The ants are a people not strong, yet they prepare their meat in the summer." Prov. 30:25

#5 Offline NicholasP - Posted April 29 2021 - 9:29 AM

NicholasP

Vendor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 763 posts

I'm trying to figure out a nest for these guys.

• Antkeeper01 likes this

#6 Offline NicholasP - Posted June 14 2021 - 3:40 PM

NicholasP

Vendor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 763 posts

I feel pretty bad that I haven't updated this journal in so long but my previous Monomorium Minium colony died and I've been trying to get another colony and I got lucky a few days ago when I found a 2 queen Monomorium Minium colony again! Currently they're growing again with just 7 workers but I will brood boost them with Brachymyrmex Patagonicus to get this journal going! Stay Tuned!

• Antkeeper01 likes this

#7 Offline ANTdrew - Posted June 14 2021 - 4:23 PM

ANTdrew

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,402 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, VA
Why would you boost Monomorium with Brachymyrmex brood? The species name is minimum. You can correct the title by editing the first post and clicking use full editor.
  • Antkeeper01 and azzaaazzzz00 like this

#8 Offline NicholasP - Posted June 14 2021 - 6:30 PM

NicholasP

Vendor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 763 posts

It's just an expirement. And I always thought it was Minium and not minimum but I'll go and change it.

• Antkeeper01 likes this

#9 Offline Kaelwizard - Posted June 15 2021 - 4:17 AM

Kaelwizard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,852 posts
  • LocationPoway, California

It's just an expirement. And I always thought it was Minium and not minimum but I'll go and change it.

Well they aren't even in the same subfamily so I don't think it will work out.

• Antkeeper01 likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users