• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use, and contain no ads for members. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo
- - - - -

NicholasP's (Pog)onomyrmex Occidentalis 5-3-21

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Offline NicholasP - Posted May 3 2021 - 8:59 PM

NicholasP

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Hooray! I finally have Pogonomyrmex! Last year I captured 3 Pogonomyrmex Rugosus queens in total and sadly they all died. But, I have tried everything to get some Pogonomyrmex and I've finally been able to! I went to a mountain south of Tucson this week on Sunday and caught 1 Camponotus Festinatus colony! And the week before that I found another Campontous Festinatus colony. I then knew that I bit off more then I could chew and I had to get rid of one of my colonies. So I just today traded 1 of the Camponotus Festinatus colonies for a large Pogonmyrmex Occidentalis colony that were raised from queen by someone up North in AZ and then the person up North traded with the person that I traded with that is from Tucson. And so then I traded one of the Festinatus colonies I had for 1 of the Pogonomyrmex Occidentalis colonies. I know what I just said is confusing because trust me even for me what I just said is confusing. But the point is I now have a Pogonomyrmex Occidentalis colony! I'm very excited to see how they grow! In a few days I'll release a journal on the Camponotus Festinatus colony I kept!

Attached Files

• Kaelwizard and ZTYguy like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users