• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Colony too small

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Offline JoeByron - Posted May 3 2021 - 8:37 AM

JoeByron

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts
  • LocationKnoxville, Tennessee
Well. I made a mistake and felt my C. pennsylvanicus where higher in numbers and I moved them into a formicarium about double the size of their other one. Well they are only using one chamber and everything else is a mess!!!!!

Do you think I'm good to do it now? I've never made a colony move so soon. But these guys a little pigs. I fear I'm going to have mold super soon
  • Kaelwizard likes this

#2 Offline Kaelwizard - Posted May 3 2021 - 8:40 AM

Kaelwizard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,852 posts
  • LocationPoway, California

I would move them back to their old nest if it isn't too small. While you have the chance you could clean it before moving them back in if they dirtied it.

• Manitobant and JoeByron like this

#3 Offline azzaaazzzz00 - Posted May 4 2021 - 12:13 PM

azzaaazzzz00

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 544 posts
  • LocationBogota, NJ

I made that mistake once too but all you have to do is move them back like Kaelwizard said and if the old one is too small just buy a new formicarium that just the right size.

Been keeping ants since January of 2021

Always try new things, even if its hard, hard is not impossible. We are smart and it's good to be smart but not too smart for your own good.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users