• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Shout Outs

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Offline cap_backfire - Posted April 14 2021 - 9:21 AM

cap_backfire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 289 posts
  • LocationMunster, IN

This is just a shout out to all of the completely helpful folks here on this forum.  I've seen some real turds here as well but never on a post I'm involved in and that feels GREAT.   For the most part the turds are few and far between.   I don't feel uncomfortable walking around these forums barefoot, is what I'm saying.   And that means a lot to me.   

This community has been welcoming, helpful, knowledgable, given solid advice on some relatively sketchy topics sometimes (I wasn't always aware of all the ant-laws but am NOW).   

It's great.   
So, unless you know you're a turd (if you don't, check your old posts and the responses to those posts and evaluate) I'm offering my sincere gratitude and acknowledging your awesomeness.  

• uso, TennesseeAnts, Kaelwizard and 3 others like this

#2 Offline ZTYguy - Posted April 14 2021 - 4:55 PM

ZTYguy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,678 posts
  • LocationNorthridge, California
This is a great post and I hope I was helpful at times.
  • cap_backfire likes this

Ant Keeping Since June 2018
Currently Keeping:
A. versicolor, C. us-ca02, C. yogi, C. Vicinus, C. laevigatus, C. clarithorax, C. maritimus, C. ocreatus, M. mexicanus, M. placodops 01, V. andrei, V. pergandei, N. cockerelli, P. barbata, P. montanus

Hoping to Catch This season:

M. romanei, M. placodops 02, P. imberbiculus, Polyergus sp., F. moki, A. megomatta, Cyphomyrmex sp.,Temnothorax sp.

#3 Offline cap_backfire - Posted April 15 2021 - 7:46 AM

cap_backfire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 289 posts
  • LocationMunster, IN

Thank you, and I'm sure you have!    
I didn't want to name names because I knew I would miss someone who had for sure helped me, specifically, in the past.  I also didn't want to exclude anyone who has been genuinely helpful to others whom I hadn't personally interacted with.    

Generally this is a really inclusive and helpful community, and most everyone is very civil, at the very least.   I fully understand that the bigger a community gets, the more likely they are to have turds in the group.   This group's turds are few and far between and I deeply appreciate it.   

• Kaelwizard, ANTdrew and ZTYguy like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users