I am pretty sure my queen is a Crematogaster, but if you guys could help me find a specific species or narrow it down to a few different species that would be insanely helpful.
1. Location (on a map) of collection: Temecula, Southern California, USA
2. Date of collection: unknown
3. Habitat of collection: neighborhood sidewalk, think of the classic american neighborhood.
4. Length (from head to gaster): queen: 1 1/4 mm workers: little less than 1/2 mm
5. Color, hue, pattern and texture: Black, smooth, shines in the light
6. Distinguishing characteristics: the only thing that i've noticed is that she has small hairs on the segmented lines of her abdomen, but only on her abdomen.
7. Distinguishing behavior: I'm new to ant keeping so I don't know what the normal queen ant behavior is and if my queen is exibiting those behavior. She does seem stubborn when trying to move her from test tube to test tube
8. Nest description: Unknown
9. Nuptial flight time and date: Don't remember exactly but it was one of the later nuptial flights and I found her around midday
Edited by AntTitan, April 12 2021 - 7:51 PM.