• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use, and contain no ads for members. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo
- - - - -

NicholasP's Pheidole Hyatti 4-6-21

26 replies to this topic

#21 Offline NicholasP - Posted April 15 2021 - 8:22 AM

NicholasP

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

By prepupae I assume you mean larvae?

Yes. Some of the major larvae have turned completely white. So I learned before from someone that when larva go into a complete white color where you can no longer see their stomach like that they're assumed as prepupae.

#22 Offline Kaelwizard - Posted April 15 2021 - 8:31 AM

Kaelwizard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,015 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Yes. Some of the major larvae have turned completely white. So I learned before from someone that when larva go into a complete white color where you can no longer see their stomach like that they're assumed as prepupae.

Interesting. I haven't heard that term before so that's why I asked.

#23 Offline NicholasP - Posted April 15 2021 - 8:50 AM

NicholasP

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

CheetoLord02 taught me what it meant and I was so confused when he first told me about prepupae but now I know.

Attached Files

Edited by NicholasP, April 15 2021 - 8:53 AM.

• Kaelwizard likes this

#24 Offline Kaelwizard - Posted April 15 2021 - 8:52 AM

Kaelwizard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,015 posts
  • LocationMichigan

CheetoLord02 taught me what it meant and I was so confused when he first told me about prepupae but now I know.

Well I'll be sure to use that term now.

#25 Offline NicholasP - Posted April 15 2021 - 8:55 AM

NicholasP

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Oh wait... I think I used the term incorrectly I might've understood what CheetoLord02 said incorrectly. But I'm not sure anymore.

• Kaelwizard likes this

#26 Offline Kaelwizard - Posted April 15 2021 - 8:57 AM

Kaelwizard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,015 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Oh wait... I think I used the term incorrectly I might've understood what CheetoLord02 said incorrectly. But I'm not sure anymore.

Based on that definition it is just a blanket term for the larval stage some insects have before the pupal stage.

#27 Offline NicholasP - Posted April 16 2021 - 11:31 PM

NicholasP

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Later today I will be updating this journal!

Edited by NicholasP, April 17 2021 - 9:54 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users