• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Internet Explorer 11

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Offline PTAntFan - Posted May 31 2015 - 7:43 PM

PTAntFan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 495 posts
  • LocationBurbank, CA

So, what's the issue here exactly?  Whenever I try to post a photo with IE11, the tab just freezes after I hit OK.  The tab is dead, whatever I was typing is lost and I have to start over.  I have no issues with Firefox.

PTAntFan----------------------------------Pogonomyrmex Californicus*****************************<p>I use the $3 Tower I made up. See it here.

#2 Offline dspdrew - Posted May 31 2015 - 9:22 PM

dspdrew
  • LocationSanta Ana, CA

Internet Explorer 11 is not compatible with a lot of websites. At my work we can hardly ever use IE11 with any web applications they need. This is probably why almost nobody uses IE anymore. If I ever find a computer with IE 11 on it, I can check out the problem.

• cpman likes this

#3 Offline AntsTexas - Posted June 1 2015 - 5:55 AM

AntsTexas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 340 posts
  • LocationLubbock, Texas

my mom's laptop is running IE11...  can i b of some help??

[attachment=513:Capture.JPG]

Ant Queens found:

Solenopsis Invicta,  Solenopsis xyloni,  Brachymyrmex depilis/Sp,  Myrmecocystus Mimicus,  Pogonomyrmex barbatus,

Forelius pruinosus,  Camponotus sayi, Dorymyrmex insanus, crematogaster ashmeadi,

----------------------------------------

Ant Queens i have going right now:

camponotus sayi, solenopsis invicta, Myrmecocystus Mimicus, Forelius pruinosus

Pogonomyrmex barbatus, and some others (no i.d.)

---------------------------------------

YouTube:  AntsTexas

Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/cdockray1

Facebook page:  AntsTexas

#4 Offline AntsTexas - Posted June 1 2015 - 6:05 AM

AntsTexas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 340 posts
  • LocationLubbock, Texas

now on mom's laptop on ie11, the "quote" won't work.....

it lets me post a picture....  and some other things mess up too, best bet is to use another browser i'm using seamonkey it's works 4 me!

Edited by Ant Man, June 1 2015 - 6:07 AM.

Ant Queens found:

Solenopsis Invicta,  Solenopsis xyloni,  Brachymyrmex depilis/Sp,  Myrmecocystus Mimicus,  Pogonomyrmex barbatus,

Forelius pruinosus,  Camponotus sayi, Dorymyrmex insanus, crematogaster ashmeadi,

----------------------------------------

Ant Queens i have going right now:

camponotus sayi, solenopsis invicta, Myrmecocystus Mimicus, Forelius pruinosus

Pogonomyrmex barbatus, and some others (no i.d.)

---------------------------------------

YouTube:  AntsTexas

Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/cdockray1

Facebook page:  AntsTexas

#5 Offline Jake - Posted June 2 2015 - 6:54 AM

Jake

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Unfortunately,

That isn't going to be in drews control. Why in the world would you use IE 11, it is a horrible browser in my personal opinion, get chrome :). isn't microsoft doing away with IE? That would be a yes, http://www.pastemaga...f-an-empi.html 

Edited by Jake, June 2 2015 - 7:11 AM.

#6 Offline dspdrew - Posted June 2 2015 - 7:10 AM

dspdrew
  • LocationSanta Ana, CA

Unfortunately,

That isnt going to be in drews control. Why in the world would you use IE 11, it is a horrible browser in my personal opinion, get chrome :). Isnt microsoft doing away with IE?

God let's hope so...

#7 Offline PTAntFan - Posted June 2 2015 - 9:13 AM

PTAntFan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 495 posts
  • LocationBurbank, CA

I fully appreciate the right to freedom of religion, but I prefer to base my default browsing choice on facts like IE11 being the most default secure browser against all the rampant SEM in the world.  https://www.nsslabs....ed Malware.pdf And I prefer to do this without adding a bunch of add-ins.  This comes at a cost of performance and compat sometimes. 

And while a perusal of Google's whitepaper on Chrome browser privacy seems to reflect a respectful default posture and the introduction of My Account privacy and security setting is a step in the right direction, the company's history on privacy matters hasn't won me over.

As for the demise of IE, those rumors have been exaggerated.  Windows 10 introduces a new browser called Edge that looks feature focused to me. Compatibility issues will no doubt abound and IE is the default fallback browser option.

In my job, I use all the major browsers from time to time.  Chrome is fast, slick and has a ton of add-ins that do cool stuff.  But until Google has a proven track record of doing the right thing with privacy instead of their history of doing whatever is best for Google at the time, Chrome won't be my default browser, Android won't be my default phone and Google.com won't be my default search.

*Back to the topic:  I fully realize the incompatibility issue here is related to the forum maker's software and not Drew's problem, fault or responsibility.  I just thought it may have come up before and been researched and understood.  It could be a coded issue or a setting.

PTAntFan----------------------------------Pogonomyrmex Californicus*****************************<p>I use the $3 Tower I made up. See it here.

#8 Offline Jake - Posted June 2 2015 - 10:05 AM

Jake

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

I fully appreciate the right to freedom of religion, but I prefer to base my default browsing choice on facts like IE11 being the most default secure browser against all the rampant SEM in the world.  https://www.nsslabs....ed Malware.pdf And I prefer to do this without adding a bunch of add-ins.  This comes at a cost of performance and compat sometimes. 

And while a perusal of Google's whitepaper on Chrome browser privacy seems to reflect a respectful default posture and the introduction of My Account privacy and security setting is a step in the right direction, the company's history on privacy matters hasn't won me over.

As for the demise of IE, those rumors have been exaggerated.  Windows 10 introduces a new browser called Edge that looks feature focused to me. Compatibility issues will no doubt abound and IE is the default fallback browser option.

In my job, I use all the major browsers from time to time.  Chrome is fast, slick and has a ton of add-ins that do cool stuff.  But until Google has a proven track record of doing the right thing with privacy instead of their history of doing whatever is best for Google at the time, Chrome won't be my default browser, Android won't be my default phone and Google.com won't be my default search.

*Back to the topic:  I fully realize the incompatibility issue here is related to the forum maker's software and not Drew's problem, fault or responsibility.  I just thought it may have come up before and been researched and understood.  It could be a coded issue or a setting.

Microsoft has had its fair share of privacy leaks, thanks to documents that were released by snowden, showed that microsoft was working with the NSA, installing wire taps and backdoors. You are using a piece of technology that the NSA has access too just as much as google's chrome does.  (found here http://www.theregist...door_for_feds/)I think its safe to say everyone company out there released some type of information regarding what you do. At the very instance, bots sniff this page, how do you think facebook makes its money? I think all companies are fairly guilty of doing this, but thanks to there roles they play in government affairs, government just turns its head. Oh, I see you work at microsoft, so of course your going to have an biased opinion about other competitors 

Edited by Jake, June 2 2015 - 10:26 AM.

#9 Offline PTAntFan - Posted June 2 2015 - 10:47 AM

PTAntFan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 495 posts
  • LocationBurbank, CA

I have much less problem with Google or any other technology company sharing things i do on the Internet with law enforcement than I do with that company using data for competitive advantage or to make money.  That's a personal decision, there's little point in debating stances on that.

I am absolutely biased, I won't make any attempt to deny that because it's a fact.  I put that in my profile specifically so as not to cast an illusion of impartiality.  It's my job to keep an open mind however as Microsoft is working to become a more open and enabling technology provider regardless of what endpoint a customer chooses to use.

• Jake likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users