• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Found a Stink Bug

stink bug brown marmorated

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Chickalo - Posted March 10 2021 - 10:22 AM

Chickalo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 809 posts
  • LocationSalem, Massachusetts

Hullo Formicuture,

Today whilst I was doing my homework I saw something's reflection moving out of the corner of my eye.  Upon further inspection, it was Halyomorpha halys, or Brown Marmorated Stink Bug.  I'm pretty sure it's a girl since she has a black spot on her underside.  Whether I plan on keeper her I don't know, might be interesting.  If I don't I can always try feeder her to a colony I guess.IMG_20210310_130239.jpg

Well that was the only thing I wanted to say in this post, so, uh, if there's any information on the care of stink bugs, let me know.

シグナチャーです。예.

#2 Offline Chickalo - Posted March 10 2021 - 10:25 AM

Chickalo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 809 posts
  • LocationSalem, Massachusetts

Very bad picture btw

シグナチャーです。예.

#3 Offline Manitobant - Posted March 10 2021 - 11:34 AM

Manitobant

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,899 posts
  • LocationWinnipeg, Canada
don't feed her to the colony, stink bugs have an odor defense and that may be bad for the ants. Keeping them isn't the best either as they feed on plant juices.

#4 Offline Antcatcherpro3 - Posted March 10 2021 - 3:12 PM

Antcatcherpro3

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 637 posts
  • LocationBoston, MA

Yeah.

hence the name.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users