• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Looking for Lasius workers and brood, possibly small Lasius colony.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Jake448 - Posted February 27 2021 - 3:19 PM

Jake448

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationSheboygan, Wisconsin

I recently caught a Lasius Umbratus queen so I was hoping someone may be willing to sell me some Lasius workers and brood. If not, I may be a small Lasius colony. I'm from Sheboygan, Wisconsin. I would prefer to meet somewhere so there are no shipping fees. I'm willing to drive to location if it's not too far. 

• AnthonyP163 likes this

#2 Offline AntsCentral1 - Posted February 27 2021 - 6:09 PM

AntsCentral1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Where are you from Jake? we have a colony which the queen passed away and the nanitics/brood could easily be host for an umbratus. (cancel that, I see you are in the USA and i don't know how to delete this post) Sorry bud

Edited by AntsCentral1, February 27 2021 - 6:10 PM.

#3 Offline Manitobant - Posted February 27 2021 - 6:18 PM

Manitobant

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,898 posts
  • LocationWinnipeg, Canada
You can keep her in hibernation until spring and get your hosts then, when lasius are actve. Also, you’ll need callows, which are newly eclosed workers.

#4 Offline antsandmore - Posted February 27 2021 - 8:07 PM

antsandmore

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 705 posts
  • LocationSan Diego California

and remember to have your location in your profile!

Ants I am keeping:

none for now, planning on being more active this year

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users