• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Interviews/ Convention

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Offline cap_backfire - Posted February 18 2021 - 9:46 AM

cap_backfire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 289 posts
  • LocationMunster, IN

Hello ant keepers!  

I have previously posted about doing possible interviews with ant keepers in a digital format.   I am overwhelmed by the positive responses and you'll see more on that soon.   

The Point of THIS post (please delete if not allowed) is that we're going to be posting/ live-streaming these interviews via YouTube https://www.youtube....BEEnblcswudWpSQvia that page.  They will be unedited and include some audience Q&A at the end.   These videos will include the keeping and acquisition of 'microfauna' which is kind of a broad brush for me to paint with.  So far I'm including isopods, springtails, dart frogs, feeder insects, roaches, ANTS-of course-, and smallish reptiles and amphibians.   It's a broad brush to allow us to do more interviews and kind of 'cross pollinate' hobbies.   I'm a firm believer in broadening horizons to enhance your knowledge/ experience

On TOP of that we are planning an isopod/ bioactivity related Virtual Convention, gleefully referred to as PODCON.   That will be either late May or Early June.  Still locking down dates.   The CON will feature vendors offering Convention discounts (Maybe?  I JUST came up with that so... we'll see) and virtual rooms with guest speakers.   For THIS particular convention we are focused on isopods, substrates, bioactivity, etc.   All linking back to isopods for the most part.   While this doesn't specifically speak to ant keepers, there might be useful information there for you or someone you know.   

I'll post more info as I get it and as they come up.   Know that the "pilot" where my co-host and I interview each other in much the same way we will be interviewing our guests.   

Again, if this is not allowed to post here, please take it down but I DID look at the rules first and think this is in the best possible spot for this post.  

Thanks in advance and I hope at least a few of you are intrigued enough to stop by Tuesday to check us out.   

• ANTdrew, Swirlysnowflake and TestSubjectOne like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users