• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Hello there from Spain

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Offline jorrodaba - Posted January 26 2021 - 4:43 PM

jorrodaba

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationLa Vall d'Uixó, Castellón, Spain
Hi, my name is Jorge. I'm a 20 year old forestry student from Spain. I always loved animals and plants, specially arthropods which are my favourites. I'm a person who enjoys nature, practicing sports and learning about scientific stuff. In my experience on this hobby I can tell than I am keeping 6 species right now. These species are: Camponotus barbaricus, Camponotus ligniperdus, Colobopsis truncata, Messor barbarus, Lasius flavus and Solenopsis fugax. I hope I get along with this community and that I can learn more about this hobby. Postscript, UK English is taught in Spain. I hope you have no problem when I spoke it.
  • ANTdrew and Antkeeper01 like this

My mini-colonies 

Camponotus barbaricus

Camponotus ligniperdus

Colobopsis truncata

Lasius flavus

Messor barbarus

Solenopsis fugax

#2 Offline Devi - Posted January 26 2021 - 5:03 PM

Devi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 602 posts
  • LocationDenver, Colorado

Your English was fantastic.  Welcome to the forum, Jorge!  So glad you decided to join us.  You will learn a lot here!  Feel free to ask me any questions.  Also, I'd recommend adding your location to your profile if you are interested in buying/selling here.  It is forum rules for the marketplace, but optional if you don't partake in marketplace-ing.  You can do this by going into profile settings.  Again, welcome!

Edited by Devi, January 26 2021 - 5:04 PM.

• jorrodaba likes this

#3 Offline ANTdrew - Posted January 26 2021 - 5:33 PM

ANTdrew

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,402 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, VA
Bienvenidos, hermano! Me gustaria ver sus colonias.
"The ants are a people not strong, yet they prepare their meat in the summer." Prov. 30:25
Keep ordinary ants in extraordinary ways.

#4 Offline antsandmore - Posted January 27 2021 - 8:26 AM

antsandmore

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 705 posts
  • LocationSan Diego California

Hi, my name is Jorge. I'm a 20 year old forestry student from Spain. I always loved animals and plants, specially arthropods which are my favourites. I'm a person who enjoys nature, practicing sports and learning about scientific stuff. In my experience on this hobby I can tell than I am keeping 6 species right now. These species are: Camponotus barbaricus, Camponotus ligniperdus, Colobopsis truncata, Messor barbarus, Lasius flavus and Solenopsis fugax. I hope I get along with this community and that I can learn more about this hobby. Postscript, UK English is taught in Spain. I hope you have no problem when I spoke it.

Welcome! you seem like you have a lot of experience! Can't wait till I have that many colonies

Ants I am keeping:

none for now, planning on being more active this year

#5 Offline jorrodaba - Posted January 30 2021 - 3:49 PM

jorrodaba

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationLa Vall d'Uixó, Castellón, Spain

Welcome! you seem like you have a lot of experience! Can't wait till I have that many colonies

Bienvenidos, hermano! Me gustaria ver sus colonias.

Your English was fantastic.  Welcome to the forum, Jorge!  So glad you decided to join us.  You will learn a lot here!  Feel free to ask me any questions.  Also, I'd recommend adding your location to your profile if you are interested in buying/selling here.  It is forum rules for the marketplace, but optional if you don't partake in marketplace-ing.  You can do this by going into profile settings.  Again, welcome!

Thanks for your support mates. I'll upload pics of my colonies when the diapause period ends. Sure the wait will be worth it. 

My mini-colonies 

Camponotus barbaricus

Camponotus ligniperdus

Colobopsis truncata

Lasius flavus

Messor barbarus

Solenopsis fugax

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users