• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Forgot to do this...

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Devi - Posted January 14 2021 - 10:07 AM

Devi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 602 posts
  • LocationDenver, Colorado

Hey guys!

I've hit a momentous occasion!  I've got 500 posts on FC!  Lol.  I thought I might as well introduce myself to everyone because apparently I didn't.  I'm a Colorado native, and love living in Colorado.  I'm located near Denver.  I love all aspects of nature, and enjoy being outside.  One of my favorite things to do is mountain biking, which is great for looking for ants.  I also love playing ultimate frisbee with friends, as well as disc golf.  I have a leopard gecko named Cosmo, a dog named Dingo, a fish tank, and of course, ants.  I have a colony of pogonomyrmex occidentalis in a labyrinth, and a formica queen with nanitics, lasius queen, and tetra colony in the fridge hibernating.  This year, I hope to get camponotus, as well as possibly myrmecocystus.  Thanks to everyone for helping answer my beginner questions and getting me to this point! 

Screenshot 2021-01-13 at 4.07.50 PM.png

Edited by Devi, January 14 2021 - 10:08 AM.

• TennesseeAnts, ANTdrew, Nanahira and 3 others like this

#2 Offline TennesseeAnts - Posted January 14 2021 - 10:10 AM

TennesseeAnts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,920 posts
  • LocationNashville, Tennessee

Welcome to the forum! I hope you have a great time here.  :lol:

• CheetoLord02, AntsDakota and Devi like this

#3 Offline Nanahira - Posted January 14 2021 - 10:12 AM

Nanahira

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts
  • LocationTemecula, CA

Congratulations! Your post number and reputation is so even.. it's pretty.

now 500 more to reach 4 digits.  :)

• TennesseeAnts and Devi like this

The Ant Colony | The r/Ants discord server - https://discord.gg/c7qCmfYqYZ

#4 Offline AntsDakota - Posted January 14 2021 - 1:00 PM

AntsDakota

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,994 posts
  • LocationSioux Falls, South Dakota

Hmm... I could've swore that name sounds familiar.... maybe one of my Discord mods or something....? idk

Anyways, welcome! You'll learn a lot from this community.

Edited by AntsDakota, January 14 2021 - 1:01 PM.

• Devi likes this

"God made..... all the creatures that move along the ground according to their kinds. (including ants) And God saw that it was good. Genesis 1:25 NIV version

#5 Offline AleeGuy - Posted January 14 2021 - 4:34 PM

AleeGuy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 383 posts
  • LocationNorthern Virginia

Hmm... I could've swore that name sounds familiar.... maybe one of my Discord mods or something....? idk

Anyways, welcome! You'll learn a lot from this community.

Nu, you just got a Déjà Vu :lol:

• Devi likes this

#6 Offline FSTP - Posted January 14 2021 - 4:37 PM

FSTP

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,032 posts
  • Location36.7378° N, 119.7871° W

wow you've really posted a lot I guess. I've been here 5 years and am just now barely going to hit 1K.

• Devi likes this

#7 Offline Swirlysnowflake - Posted January 14 2021 - 4:45 PM

Swirlysnowflake

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,155 posts
  • LocationBay Area, CA

Hey guys!

I've hit a momentous occasion!  I've got 500 posts on FC!  Lol.  I thought I might as well introduce myself to everyone because apparently I didn't.  I'm a Colorado native, and love living in Colorado.  I'm located near Denver.  I love all aspects of nature, and enjoy being outside.  One of my favorite things to do is mountain biking, which is great for looking for ants.  I also love playing ultimate frisbee with friends, as well as disc golf.  I have a leopard gecko named Cosmo, a dog named Dingo, a fish tank, and of course, ants.  I have a colony of pogonomyrmex occidentalis in a labyrinth, and a formica queen with nanitics, lasius queen, and tetra colony in the fridge hibernating.  This year, I hope to get camponotus, as well as possibly myrmecocystus.  Thanks to everyone for helping answer my beginner questions and getting me to this point! 

attachicon.gifScreenshot 2021-01-13 at 4.07.50 PM.png

Welcome! Your username is familiar but I don't think I have seen that PFP before... Hmmm

Edited by Swirlysnowflake, January 14 2021 - 4:45 PM.

• Devi likes this

My YouTube channel :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users