• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

How to contact a Myrmecologist

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Offline CatsnAnts - Posted August 31 2020 - 6:27 PM

CatsnAnts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,008 posts
  • LocationJasper, Indiana

Hello!

This may sound like a silly question, but I have no idea how to contact a myrmecologist as I have never done so before. Recently, it’s come to my attention that my Temnothorax colony may be an undescribed species, and I would really like to get some input/compare with more species to see if this is true or not. I live in Southern Indiana if locality matters. If anyone is curious or wants to take a shot at identifying this species, here’s the link to the ID thread, thanks!

https://www.formicul...ed-more-photos/

Spoiler

#2 Offline ANTdrew - Posted September 1 2020 - 2:29 AM

ANTdrew

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,500 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, VA
I would search the entomology departments of universities in your state and send some emails. Even if the faculty aren’t Myrmecologists, they should hopefully be able to direct you to people who are.
Jplelito is a new member on here who is an entomologist. I recommend messaging him, too.
  • CatsnAnts likes this
"The ants are a people not strong, yet they prepare their meat in the summer." Prov. 30:25
Keep ordinary ants in extraordinary ways.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users