• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

byFormica Ant Queens for Sale (Now accepting new sellers!)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
29 replies to this topic

#1 Offline drtrmiller - Posted April 26 2015 - 2:58 PM

drtrmiller

Vendor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,714 posts

From www.byformica.com:

byFormica now operates a queen ant adoption service for the benefit of its members.  If you have queens or ant colonies you'd like to sell, you may advertise them on our website.

Buy Page - The page where buyers will browse listings

Adoption Terms of Use - Rules that govern everyone's use of the site
Formatting Guide - How to modify your seller template

We're currently accepting applications for new sellers! Contact us to become a seller and be featured on this page.  There are currently no fees for selling on byFormica, but approval is still required to sell.

This topic/post will update as new sellers or items are added to the directory.

Edited by drtrmiller, April 26 2015 - 3:33 PM.

• AntsTexas and AntTeen804 like this

byFormica® is the manufacturer of the iconic nectar feeders and Sunburst Ant Nectar.
byFormica ant products always deliver consistent performance, convenience,
and reliability, making them among the most beloved ant foods and kit enjoyed by
ant keeping enthusiasts worldwide. For more information, visit www.byFormica.com.

#2 Offline drtrmiller - Posted April 26 2015 - 3:42 PM

drtrmiller

Vendor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,714 posts
Will update soon.

Edited by drtrmiller, July 12 2015 - 11:07 PM.

• AntTeen804 likes this

byFormica® is the manufacturer of the iconic nectar feeders and Sunburst Ant Nectar.
and reliability, making them among the most beloved ant foods and kit enjoyed by
ant keeping enthusiasts worldwide. For more information, visit www.byFormica.com.

#3 Offline AntTeen804 - Posted April 26 2015 - 4:04 PM

AntTeen804

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Section reserved for future use.

What does that mean?

If you ain't got a dream, you ain't got nothing.

#4 Offline drtrmiller - Posted April 26 2015 - 4:05 PM

drtrmiller

Vendor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,714 posts

I'll probably keep the first two posts so the first post can have business text, and seller listings may appear in the second post, or I may divide US/Global listings between the first two posts.  It's a way to organize content within this thread.

#5 Offline AntTeen804 - Posted April 26 2015 - 4:07 PM

AntTeen804

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts
  • LocationVirginia
Oh okay.

#6 Offline drtrmiller - Posted May 4 2015 - 7:57 PM

drtrmiller

Vendor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,714 posts

A few sellers have signed up to sell on byFormica, and I've had some tell me they already generated sales off the site! Fantastic news!

Google really loves the site format.  Sellers who list on byFormica can expect to be ranked very highly in organic search results for "buy queen ants (location)."  This means more buyers will find your items simply by searching for buy queen ants, along with your location, which is listed on the site as "State/Province, Country."

Seller signup is still open.  Please contact me to list ant colonies for free on byFormica.com!

Edited by drtrmiller, May 4 2015 - 7:59 PM.

#7 Offline Tpro4 - Posted May 4 2015 - 8:05 PM

Tpro4

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 304 posts
  • LocationNorth Hills, CA
why are the lasus so expensive, i tought they were really common
Remember Dragon Warrior, anything is possible when you have inner peace. - Master Shifu

Current Queens:
1 Unknown Pogomyemex
1 Solenopsis Xyloni

#8 Offline drtrmiller - Posted May 4 2015 - 8:07 PM

drtrmiller

Vendor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,714 posts

why are the lasus so expensive, i tought they were really common

Sellers set their own prices and terms.

An established colony is likely going to be much more expensive than a founding queen, also.

Edited by drtrmiller, May 4 2015 - 8:08 PM.

#9 Offline Ants4fun - Posted May 4 2015 - 8:08 PM

Ants4fun

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,142 posts
  • LocationSouth Dakota
Usually the prices covers caring for the colony, and all the food and stuff they have been given.

#10 Offline Tpro4 - Posted May 4 2015 - 8:08 PM

Tpro4

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 304 posts
  • LocationNorth Hills, CA
ahh, i understand now
Remember Dragon Warrior, anything is possible when you have inner peace. - Master Shifu

Current Queens:
1 Unknown Pogomyemex
1 Solenopsis Xyloni

#11 Offline Trailandstreet - Posted May 6 2015 - 6:01 AM

Trailandstreet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Ok, it's always cheaper to catch one yourself.

:hi: Franz

if you find any mistakes, it's my autocorrection. it doesn't speak english.

#12 Offline Ants4fun - Posted May 6 2015 - 9:41 AM

Ants4fun

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,142 posts
  • LocationSouth Dakota

But not always easier...

#13 Offline dspdrew - Posted May 6 2015 - 11:14 AM

dspdrew
  • LocationSanta Ana, CA

The value of a queen goes up quite a bit from the time you just picked it up off the ground to the point where you've had it in a test tube in your kitchen for 3 months, feeding it and all of its workers the whole time.

#14 Offline Foogoo - Posted May 6 2015 - 12:23 PM

Foogoo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,161 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

The value of a queen goes up quite a bit from the time you just picked it up off the ground to the point where you've had it in a test tube in your kitchen for 3 months, feeding it and all of its workers the whole time.

And sometimes "picking it up off the ground" means taking time from work and spending a day driving 70 miles one way.

Camponotus vicinus, Crematogaster 1, Crematogaster 2, Formica francoeuri, *, *, Myrmecocystus testaceus, Novomessor cockerelli, Pheidole hyatti, Pogonomyrmex californicus, Pogonomyrmex rugosus, Solenopsis invicta

#15 Offline dspdrew - Posted May 6 2015 - 2:33 PM

dspdrew
  • LocationSanta Ana, CA

Well yeah, there's that too.

#16 Offline drtrmiller - Posted May 30 2015 - 5:47 AM

drtrmiller

Vendor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,714 posts

The byFormica Ant Adoption page is among the most popular for attracting potential customers from outside Formiculture.  The adoption page ranks highly in Google for people who search for buying queen ants, and frequently takes top rankings when the buyer includes the state and/or country of the seller.

If you have ants to spare, and would like to make some money, the byFormica Ant Adoption service is 100% FREE to use, and connects you with thousands of potential customers each month.

Please contact me if you'd like to be a part of this.  For the fastest response, go to http://www.byformica.com, and use the Live Chat button at the top of the page.

--

Also, a customer in Virginia is seeking ants.  If you can help with their request, I can get you in contact with them.

Edited by drtrmiller, May 30 2015 - 5:52 AM.

• AntTeen804 likes this

#17 Offline AntTeen804 - Posted May 30 2015 - 8:10 AM

AntTeen804

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts
  • LocationVirginia
I can help them.

#18 Offline drtrmiller - Posted May 30 2015 - 8:12 AM

drtrmiller

Vendor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,714 posts

I can help them.

I think I emailed you their info earlier this morning.

• AntTeen804 likes this

#19 Offline AntTeen804 - Posted May 30 2015 - 8:18 AM

AntTeen804

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts
  • LocationVirginia
Just saw that, Thanks.

#20 Offline drtrmiller - Posted July 12 2015 - 11:06 PM

drtrmiller

Vendor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,714 posts

The byFormica Buy Queen Ants page continues to receive the most traffic of any pages on our site, attracting an especially large number of users from Google, Bing, and Yahoo search engines.

If you are currently selling ants through another program, or would like to get started selling queen ants and colonies, there has never been a better time to join our the completely free listings page at byFormica.com.

Simply contact me through PM or email [support at byformica.com] after creating your free account on byFormica.com, and I'll help you get setup to list.

News for existing sellers:

Listing requirements for pictures and a working PayPal buy button will be more strongly enforced for sellers that have been on the site for a while.  

PayPal buy buttons encourage smooth and safe transactions, and pictures make buyers confident that they are getting the species listed and that the ants are in good condition.

Please update your listings with pictures and PayPal buy buttons (instructions are on your template page) as quickly as possible.

Edited by drtrmiller, July 12 2015 - 11:06 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users