• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

IN NEED OF TRACHYMYRMEX FUNGUS

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Offline AntsExodus - Posted July 10 2020 - 7:34 PM

AntsExodus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 178 posts
  • LocationGeorgia, USA

So I went on a trip to Florida for the weekend and I threw in a lot of rose petals and oats for my colony and when I come back I see that they for some reason they didn't eat any, and instead the oats and rose petals have this black powdery mold all over it. The fungus is the size of half a Trachymyrmex worker and if I can purchase any workers and fungus from anyone that would be great!

#2 Offline TennesseeAnts - Posted July 10 2020 - 7:37 PM

TennesseeAnts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,920 posts
  • LocationNashville, Tennessee

They should be able to re-build it. Just give them some good petals and oats, and they should be fine. My colony did the same thing about a month ago, and their garden now takes up half a petri dish.

• CheetoLord02 and Antkeeper014 like this

#3 Offline VenomousBeast - Posted July 11 2020 - 4:09 AM

VenomousBeast

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 352 posts
  • LocationButler, Butler County, Pennsylvania

I'm currently in NC and there are THOUSANDS of Trachymrymex colonies here by the beach. I could collect some fungus for you but I couldn't guarantee it's survival in shipping due to everything being delayed and such.

Keeps:

1:Pogonomymex occidentalis

4: Tetramorium immigrans

2 Reticulitermes flavipes

#4 Offline TechAnt - Posted July 11 2020 - 8:30 AM

TechAnt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, California

I'm currently in NC and there are THOUSANDS of Trachymrymex colonies here by the beach. I could collect some fungus for you but I couldn't guarantee it's survival in shipping due to everything being delayed and such.

Luckyyyyyyyyy. Wish I could easily find even one Trachymyrmex worker.
  • Antkeeper014 likes this
My Ants:
(x1) Campontous semitstaceus ~20 workers, 1 Queen
(x1) Camponotus vicinus ~10 workers, 1 Queen (all black variety)
(x1) Tetramorium immigrans ~100 workers, 1 Queen
(x1) Myrmercocystus mexicanus -1 Queen
(x2) Mymercocystus mimcus -1 Queen
(x1) Mymercocystus testaceus ~45 workers, 1 Queen

#5 Offline VenomousBeast - Posted July 11 2020 - 8:43 AM

VenomousBeast

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 352 posts
  • LocationButler, Butler County, Pennsylvania

Luckyyyyyyyyy. Wish I could easily find even one Trachymyrmex worker.

I find them the most at the beach, not like on the beach but in the pine trees and gray oak trees about 300ft away from the main beach. You can also look for signs of their presence by looking at the foliage. There’s normally holes in the leaves and marks that looks like someone punched their finger nail into it (basically where they started cutting but never finished for some reason).

Keeps:

1:Pogonomymex occidentalis

4: Tetramorium immigrans

2 Reticulitermes flavipes

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users