• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

My Newly Improved Ant Photography Website

website ant photography armyofinsects .com photo observation carebara longii carebara

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Offline AntHUB - Posted July 3 2020 - 4:37 PM

AntHUB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts
  • LocationParker, Colorado

Hello everyone!

I am not the most active here, but I would like to notify anyone who might be interested that I have updated my Photography website

My photography website also has a blog and shop In case anyone is interested. But If you would Like to check out my photos, please click the link above.

Click here to only see my ant observations photos 

If anyone has any species they want me to try and photograph let me know (some locality information would be useful as well)!

• AnthonyP163, Skwiggledork, ANTdrew and 2 others like this

President & founder of LHS Entomology Club, (available on discord) Check out my photography website! https://www.armyofinsects.com/ Email me with questions

at jk@uglyorangetruck.com (funny email, I know)

#2 Offline Antkid12 - Posted July 3 2020 - 4:41 PM

Antkid12

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,009 posts
  • LocationFairfax, Virginia

Looks nice!

Ants I have: Tapinoma sessile(2 queen colony). RED MORPH Camponotus neacticus(now has pupae!), Tetramorium immigrans (x3), Aphaenogaster sp, Temnothorax sp, Brachymyrmex sp.   possibly infertile   :(,  Ponera pennsylvanica, and Pheidole morrisi!  :yahoo: 

Other insects: Polistes sp. Queen

Ants I need: Pheidole sp., Trachymyrmex sp., Crematogaster cerasi , Dorymyrmex sp. Most wanted: Pheidole morrisii

#3 Offline NickAnter - Posted July 3 2020 - 6:31 PM

NickAnter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,307 posts
  • LocationOrange County, California

I hate to be that guy, but you spelled subterranean wrong on your website, on the Carebara longii queen picture.

• Canadant likes this

Hi there! I went on a 6 month or so hiatus, in part due, and in part cause of the death of my colonies. 

However, I went back to the Sierras, and restarted my collection, which is now as follows:

Aphaenogaster uinta, Camponotus vicinus, Camponotus modoc, Formica cf. aserva, Formica cf. micropthalma, Formica cf. manni, Formica subpolita, Formica cf. subaenescens, Lasius americanus, Manica invidia, Pogonomyrmex salinus, Pogonomyrmex sp. 1, Solenopsis validiuscula, & Solenopsis sp. 3 (new Sierra variant). 

#4 Offline AntsDakota - Posted July 4 2020 - 1:49 PM

AntsDakota

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,994 posts
  • LocationSioux Falls, South Dakota

Love the photos! 

"God made..... all the creatures that move along the ground according to their kinds. (including ants) And God saw that it was good. Genesis 1:25 NIV version

#5 Offline Kaelwizard - Posted July 4 2020 - 5:29 PM

Kaelwizard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,852 posts
  • LocationPoway, California
What macro lens do you use? I have a Canon EOS Rebel t6, do you know if I would be able to take pictures as good as that with that camera combined with a good macro? And what settings to use?

Edited by Kaelwizard, July 4 2020 - 5:30 PM.

#6 Offline ConcordAntman - Posted July 9 2020 - 4:09 AM

ConcordAntman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 757 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts

Great work! I’m also a fan of Alex Wild. I didn’t know that Brian Fisher was behind AntWeb. Thanks for that information.  Best of luck in your endeavors!

• ANTdrew likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: website, ant, photography, armyofinsects, .com, photo, observation, carebara longii, carebara

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users