• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

HELP ME PLEASE!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Teenantkeeper - Posted June 27 2020 - 8:12 AM

Teenantkeeper

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Jesus Christ I messed up big time. All of my test tubes are gone and I caught a Camponotus queen like 3 days ago. I put her is a Tupperware container with a wet paper napkin to hold her off until Monday when I'll receive the founding chamber I bbn purchased the night I caught her. It looked like her paper was dry so I went to wet it when I realized it wasn't! So I tried to get the left over water out where she started to run. I panicked and tried to hurry up and close the container, mistakenly closing her gaster with it. I didn't close it all the way because I noticed her gaster in there was getting squished so I opened it up a little and she continue to run around the container. Her gasser doesn't look damaged, but I know what I saw. Please. What do I do!? My stupidity has officially reached its peak. She's walking swift but not as swift as before.

#2 Offline ponerinecat - Posted June 27 2020 - 8:16 AM

ponerinecat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,650 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Ants can often recover from injuries like that. there's nothing you can do, just move her into a more suitable nest and wait to see what happens.

• Teenantkeeper likes this

#3 Offline AntaholicAnonymous - Posted July 11 2020 - 1:48 PM

AntaholicAnonymous

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 426 posts
  • LocationAustria
I've seen ants and insects in general racover from pretty bad stuff fairly quick.

You said it doesn't look damaged so it might not have been so bad you'll have to see if she's still able to lay eggs the stress can also kill queens so I'd make sure to leave her alone as much as possible

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users