• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Do your ants do this too ? lol

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Offline FSTP - Posted June 20 2020 - 2:10 PM

FSTP

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,032 posts
  • Location36.7378° N, 119.7871° W

Its funny to watch ants take the trash out. I notice a lot of the time they will walk around for a long time with the trash in thier mouth walking over the midden pile numerous times passing it up only to later go back and drop it off. I managed to film this behavior quirk in this video:

• FeedTheAnts, TennesseeAnts and ANTdrew like this

#2 Offline Temperateants - Posted June 20 2020 - 2:37 PM

Temperateants

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 436 posts

Lol just be grateful your ants have a good head on their thorax and they do this lol. Founding camponotous colonies almost never CLEAN, let alone doing it in a funny way.

• FSTP likes this

Check out my Youtube Channel! https://www.youtube....xh-HaScAuE5CShQ

Check out my Crematogaster Journal! https://www.formicul...e-2#entry141180

#3 Offline FSTP - Posted June 20 2020 - 5:20 PM

FSTP

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,032 posts
  • Location36.7378° N, 119.7871° W

haha that's true, som ants I've kept are super dirty and never want to clean. We shoudl make a list of ants based on their propensity to clean.

• Temperateants likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users