• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

SleepyAsianAnter's Aphaenogaster Occidentalis Journal

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Offline SleepyAsianAnter - Posted June 9 2020 - 10:11 AM

SleepyAsianAnter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 380 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles (SoCal)

This is split from my old journal. 

I got this colony for free from OldManTrashCan, so I hope to raise it well. It is at around 40 workers, and has two queens. I placed them is a cheetolord style simple nest, and they seem to be doing well. I placed an additional small tube of water into their outworld, in case I stupidly forget to water them, like I did on sunday. I noticed them drinking from it and I thought it was weird because they are rarely out during the day. 

7zzTKO7oMrkHzTjQzlZYwmYBxkWkMZQ4XKF_4kgS

• Antennal_Scrobe and AntsDakota like this

#2 Offline SleepyAsianAnter - Posted June 17 2020 - 5:59 PM

SleepyAsianAnter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 380 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles (SoCal)

My aphaenogaster colony has been pretty inactive lately, but I’ve been seeing them forage during the day, which was pretty uncommon for me. I figured they could be hungry and threw in a cut mealworm. There is a new batch of eggs and a new set of pupae about to eclose, which they moved to a different chamber. (Sorry for bad pics, their container reflects too much light)

Ern8EiYKv7s5pgzHsQikshQbQ6uIR9es6LDGJMeMtkNnImGr4ANhtjUjvTW8Af9Olvea8a9N4ENeeosbaP5vj-E1BesTGKtngoIW4k3r1In8zif_EVIsqmTp

• FSTP, AntsDakota and Antkid12 like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users