• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

SleepyAsianAnter's Camponotus Fragilis Journal

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Offline SleepyAsianAnter - Posted June 9 2020 - 9:47 AM

SleepyAsianAnter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 382 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles (SoCal)

I've decided to split my journal by species

I have 1 C. Fragilis queen, with 1 worker, 2 pupae, and a pile of brood. The seller I got this from said that this colony had an escape so all the original nanitics except for 1 got away. She came with 1 worker, who raised the 1 egg into a larva, then pupa, and unfortunately died a few days before the pupa eclosed. Now, the pupa has eclosed, so I'm back to 1 worker, who is helping raise the new pile of brood. I'm expecting some new workers soon. 

Yesterday, I tried putting them in a nurbs-style V2 setup, the worker was exploring, so I went to play videogames. While playing gta, I noticed that my 1 worker was somehow crawling up my arm, so I guess she had managed to get past the olive oil. I took them out and I'll put them back in after my fluon arrives, I've been putting off buying fluon because of its price tag, but people have been saying it lasts a while, so I might as well. This morning I saw my one worker just laying on her side, so I assume she might die soon, hopefully not though. 

EPM63m-k4fGMGW7e1_u124waLGRrtR_AdJrHXHBV

• AntsDakota likes this

#2 Offline SleepyAsianAnter - Posted June 17 2020 - 5:59 PM

SleepyAsianAnter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 382 posts

Unfortunately, the worker died. But there was a new nanitic. So I was kinda lazy when I saw that the nanitic eclosed, and I didn’t post it. It was a few days back and right after she eclosed, 2 more larvae pupated!ppvfsi2dAXkImbugvQP1eV8sd6rQDfA_8v2FO86n

• FSTP and AntsDakota like this

#3 Offline SleepyAsianAnter - Posted July 14 2020 - 12:50 PM

SleepyAsianAnter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 382 posts

A few more workers have eclosed, and she has two more pupae, there are three workers total. 

gdyebkv3TzP2tOaT1hl_6IjXVz8Edb_dedRDoptv

• ANTdrew and AntsDakota like this

#4 Offline antsandmore - Posted January 27 2021 - 3:33 PM

antsandmore

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 705 posts
  • LocationSan Diego California

update?

• Devi likes this

Ants I am keeping:

none for now, planning on being more active this year

#5 Offline SleepyAsianAnter - Posted January 27 2021 - 7:21 PM

SleepyAsianAnter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 382 posts

update?

Small colony still at exact same size, got a larger colony from sirjordancurtis, they have 30 workers, 2 majors, and a median.

• antsandmore likes this

#6 Offline antsandmore - Posted January 28 2021 - 9:21 AM

antsandmore

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 705 posts
  • LocationSan Diego California

update?

Small colony still at exact same size, got a larger colony from sirjordancurtis, they have 30 workers, 2 majors, and a median.

ok. What is a median?

Ants I am keeping:

none for now, planning on being more active this year

#7 Offline SleepyAsianAnter - Posted February 8 2021 - 2:02 PM

SleepyAsianAnter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 382 posts

update?

ok. What is a median?

Small, medium, large

Minor, median, major

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users