• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

(Double post, please ignore)

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Offline TechAnt - Posted June 4 2020 - 2:46 PM

TechAnt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, California
I am really concerned, I found one of my four Pheidole polygonus colony queens curled up in a ball freaking out in the vinyl tubing connecting the nest to the outworld (images below). I don’t know what she is doing, but she eventually got back up. Then she did it again, curling up in a ball, the workers surrounded her seemingly not knowing what to do. I don’t know what to do either. Does anyone have any idea what is happening and/or how to fix it? Right now she is walking around normally in the tubing, which is covered in black paper, so that is probably why she is there.

Edit: the majors just came along, protecting her now.
Attached Images
431C5E2F-ACFD-496D-B2AA-2F8868BE0828.jpeg 611FCFAA-3060-4F7B-B669-C231D39BBBEE.jpeg

Edited by TechAnt, June 4 2020 - 2:49 PM.

My Ants:
(x1) Campontous semitstaceus ~20 workers, 1 Queen
(x1) Camponotus vicinus ~10 workers, 1 Queen (all black variety)
(x1) Tetramorium immigrans ~100 workers, 1 Queen
(x1) Myrmercocystus mexicanus -1 Queen
(x2) Mymercocystus mimcus -1 Queen
(x1) Mymercocystus testaceus ~45 workers, 1 Queen

#2 Offline Broncos - Posted June 4 2020 - 2:46 PM

Broncos

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 724 posts
  • LocationOrange, California

I am really concerned, I found one of my four Pheidole polygonus colony queens curled up in a ball freaking out in the vinyl tubing connecting the nest to the outworld (images below). I don’t know what she is doing, but she eventually got back up. Then she did it again, curling up in a ball, the workers surrounded her seemingly not knowing what to do. I don’t know what to do either. Does anyone have any idea what is happening and/or how to fix it? Right now she is walking around normally in the tubing, which is covered in black paper, so that is probably why she is there.

Edit: the majors just came along, protecting her now.
Attached Images
431C5E2F-ACFD-496D-B2AA-2F8868BE0828.jpeg 611FCFAA-3060-4F7B-B669-C231D39BBBEE.jpeg

I don’t get the link

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Currently Keeping:

Pogonomyrmex Californicus Bicolor & Concolor

Pogonomyrmex Subnitidius

Camponotus Sansabeanus

Youtube:https://www.youtube....-ants-tutorials

#3 Offline TechAnt - Posted June 4 2020 - 2:51 PM

TechAnt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, California
Apologies for the double post
My Ants:
(x1) Campontous semitstaceus ~20 workers, 1 Queen
(x1) Camponotus vicinus ~10 workers, 1 Queen (all black variety)
(x1) Tetramorium immigrans ~100 workers, 1 Queen
(x1) Myrmercocystus mexicanus -1 Queen
(x2) Mymercocystus mimcus -1 Queen
(x1) Mymercocystus testaceus ~45 workers, 1 Queen

#4 Offline Antkid12 - Posted June 4 2020 - 2:53 PM

Antkid12

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,009 posts
  • LocationFairfax, Virginia

[deleted]

Edited by Antkid12, June 4 2020 - 2:54 PM.

Ants I have: Tapinoma sessile(2 queen colony). RED MORPH Camponotus neacticus(now has pupae!), Tetramorium immigrans (x3), Aphaenogaster sp, Temnothorax sp, Brachymyrmex sp.   possibly infertile   :(,  Ponera pennsylvanica, and Pheidole morrisi!  :yahoo: 

Other insects: Polistes sp. Queen

Ants I need: Pheidole sp., Trachymyrmex sp., Crematogaster cerasi , Dorymyrmex sp. Most wanted: Pheidole morrisii

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users