• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Queen Ant not laying eggs

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Offline john1994 - Posted May 28 2020 - 9:05 AM

john1994

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationVancouver, Canada.

Not sure how to say this, but I have a problem regarding my Queen Ant I bought, it came with 1 Queen and one worker. Now it has already been 3 weeks and still no eggs or broods. I'm confused as to why she only has one worker? Also the Queen Ant lost one of her legs. She's eating protein, eating honey, but still no eggs. Do you guys think losing one of her legs affect her? What's going on? Anyone knows? Also, am I allowed to get a refund for a Queen Ant that is not perfect and lost one of her legs?

Anyone purchased a Queen Ant before with missing limbs? Just wondering.

Edited by john1994, May 30 2020 - 12:14 PM.

#2 Offline AntsDakota - Posted May 28 2020 - 9:16 AM

AntsDakota

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,994 posts
  • LocationSioux Falls, South Dakota
Have you been keeping her dark? Having them in the light can be stressful if they’re not used to it.

"God made..... all the creatures that move along the ground according to their kinds. (including ants) And God saw that it was good. Genesis 1:25 NIV version

#3 Offline ANTdrew - Posted May 28 2020 - 9:17 AM

ANTdrew

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,415 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, VA
We can help you better with more info including:
What species?
Conditions she’s being kept in?
Temperature?
What protein are you feeding?
"The ants are a people not strong, yet they prepare their meat in the summer." Prov. 30:25
Keep ordinary ants in extraordinary ways.

#4 Offline john1994 - Posted May 28 2020 - 9:19 AM

john1994

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Have you been keeping her dark? Having them in the light can be stressful if they’re not used to it.

Yes, in the dark and test tube set up. The part where she lost her limb also has some missing thorax. Not sure if that effect her or not.

Edited by john1994, May 28 2020 - 9:25 AM.

• AntsDakota likes this

#5 Offline john1994 - Posted May 28 2020 - 9:21 AM

john1994

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

We can help you better with more info including:
What species?
Conditions she’s being kept in?
Temperature?
What protein are you feeding?

It is a Crematogaster. Temperature 26 Celsius. I feed them crickets and sometimes spider. Test tube set up. The part where she lost her limb also has some missing thorax. Not sure if that effect her or not.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users