• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

any ant keepers in butte county at all?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Vern530 - Posted January 31 2020 - 7:35 AM

Vern530

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 245 posts
  • LocationTexas

like the title sais is there any ant keepers in butte county in Northern California at all or am i the lone soldier??looking for someone very local to share anting spots and plan few key trips for some unique species to our area  this season.And some one to bounce ideas and info off of.

Edited by Vern530, January 31 2020 - 9:03 AM.

#2 Offline zantezaint - Posted January 31 2020 - 7:06 PM

zantezaint

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts
  • LocationCalifornia, North San Diego County
I was in Chico for a semester for college, but moved out 3 years ago. I may go back for another program in September if I decide to attend CSU Chico or CSU East Bay. I think it would be cool to be your sidekick searching for queen ants. As for now, I am in San Diego county. I am trying to head into the desert area from around June to September to look for Acromyrmex Versicolor queens. This time I will be using wunderground.com. I tick off precipitation and see exact locations of where it is raining. I hope that helps.

Edited by zantezaint, January 31 2020 - 7:08 PM.

https://www.formicul...ale-california/

4 x Solenopsis xyloni (Fire ant) colonies.

2 x Veromessor andrei (Seed-harvester ant) colonies.

19 x Pogonomyrmex subnitidus (Seed-harvester ant) colonies + 3 x Pogonomyrmex (ID uncertain) colonies

16 x Linepithema humile (Argentine ant) colonies.

1 x Unknown Formicidae colony.

1 x Tapinoma sessile (Odorous house ant) colony.

1 x Camponotus fragilis (Carpenter/wood ant) colony + 1 x Camponotus sansabeanus (Carpenter/wood ant) colony.

1 x Solenopsis molesta (Thief ant) colony.

#3 Offline Vern530 - Posted January 31 2020 - 8:28 PM

Vern530

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 245 posts
  • LocationTexas

I was in Chico for a semester for college, but moved out 3 years ago. I may go back for another program in September if I decide to attend CSU Chico or CSU East Bay. I think it would be cool to be your sidekick searching for queen ants. As for now, I am in San Diego county. I am trying to head into the desert area from around June to September to look for Acromyrmex Versicolor queens. This time I will be using wunderground.com. I tick off precipitation and see exact locations of where it is raining. I hope that helps.

Shoot me you info in a pm and we’ll chat more

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users