• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

VERN’S Ant sales UPDATE 9/22/2020-Huge price drops everything in red has been reduced-Mexicanus colonies available first week of October!

queen ants ants for adoption

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Vern530 - Posted January 20 2020 - 1:16 PM

Vern530

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts
  • LocationTexas
Email for quickest response vern4130@icloud.com

[list]
[*]Shipping within California only.(The buyer pays for shipping, and should have a complete understanding of the risks of shipping to the queen,colony and materials)
[*]Colonies are shipped from Gridley, CA.
[*]If you are picking the ants up, you must pick the ants up from me at a location no farther than 30 mins from where i live(gridley california).
[*]But will deliver ants for a premium travel distance of up to one hour.
[*]send me a private message with your phone number or email for pics of colonies or set ups.
[*]colonies in nest or set ups cannot be shipped only pick up or delivery for extra fee

[*]DISCLAIMER--- All proceeds from Colony sales help fund ant collecting trips and gear.The sales are not for a profit for my bank account.
[*]On some colonies which i have multiples in stock near the same worker and queen count -if there is a problem during shipping and the Colony arrives dead or badly damaged(So far i have a 100% success rate in shipping) contact me and we will work out a discounted or possibly free replacement (Shipping cost will still be included in each shipment). Also will require unpack-aging video that is time and date stamped.
I accept Venmo (preferred) as well as pay pal(must select family or friends or there will be additional charge for fees I will pay)

Pics are of queens with brood pics with workers available upon request

camponotus quericola for 35$ 10 workers with brood(high elevation fridge diapause required-1available)SOLD2CE0F950-A8A2-45F4-A995-84BF52524DC4.jpeg
Camponotus quericola 25$ 6 workers

camponotus hyatti 30$ 5-12 workers and brood(low elevation no fridge diapause required-sold out)

camponotus vicinus orange 2 queen(poly)70$ 20 plus workers and big pile of brood(high elevation fridge diapause required)SOLD

camponotus vicinus black 35$ 5-9 workers and brood (high elevation fridge diapause required-sold out) CDE48DAB-61FD-4B61-AE0E-74ECB5AE623D.jpeg

Camponotus vicinus brown/yellow ground variety 20$ 10 plus workers and brood (low elevation no fridge diapause required- )4B6DDC7D-65B5-46C2-B88F-36F9CF4E8C36.jpeg

C.laevigatus 25$ 15 workers and brood(high elevation fridge diapause required-1 available)SOLD

C.modoc 35$ 1-3 workers and brood(high elevation fridge diapause required-sold out )

Formica SP 30$ 30 plus workers and Big pile of brood(1 available)SOLD

Veromessor andrei 40$-5 workers and brood SOLD

Veromessor andrei 20$-1 worker and brood
SOLD

Camponotos semistaceaus 80$ -10 workers and brood (High elevation species fridge diapause required)SOLD

Pogonomyrmex subnitidus 30$—7 workers and big pile of brood in test tube

Myrmecocystus mexicanus solo queen with eggs 50$ 3 available SOLD (4 colonies available with 1-5 workers early october 150$)

Pogonomyrmex cali 30$ 2 workers and brood SOLD
Care information available upon request to the best of my abilities and knowledge. And I’ll be available from the time you get your queen or colony and as long after that if you have questions or concerns or are seeking advice.
Send a dm for pictures of anything that is not pictured in the post

Attached Images

• 2280492A-E846-4DEC-B5B3-A4E5E42330C2.jpeg

Edited by Vern530, September 24 2020 - 7:18 AM.

#2 Offline ponerinecat - Posted January 20 2020 - 1:59 PM

ponerinecat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,650 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

• Shipping within California only.
  • For most orders, shipping is $10.
  • Colonies are shipped from Gridley, CA.
  • If you are picking the ants up, you must pick the ants up from me at a location no farther than 30 mins from where i live(gridley california).
  • But will deliver ants for a premium travel distance of up to one hour.
  • send me  a private message with your phone number or email for pics of colony's or set ups.
  • colony's in nest or set ups cannot be shipped only pick up or delivery for extra fee

Camponotus vicinus Queen and 2 workers Ant shack ant nest 30$(nest included in price) 1 colony

Camponotus vicinus Queen and 5 workers Ant shack ant nest 30$(nest included) 1 colony

Camponotus vicinus Queen and 10-15 workers small pile of eggs Ytog nest in acrylic cube 35$(nest included in price) 1 colony

Camponotus vicinus 10 queens 40 workers small pile of eggs Diy formacarium 50$ 1 colony

phediole californica(big headed ant) 50 plus workers-1queen test tube 30$ 1 colony

Tetramorium sp. Queen and 30-70workers and brood test tubes $20 2 colony's

Vermessor andrei Queen and 7-10 workers a few larva Diy plaster formacarium 30$ 1 colony

Pics? Especially of the Tetra queen. Best to get a positive ID.

#3 Offline Vern530 - Posted January 20 2020 - 2:09 PM

Vern530

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts
  • LocationTexas

i mentioned in the post i won't be posting pics on here.if you'd like to see a specific colony please dm me your email or phone number and well go from there.

#4 Offline zantezaint - Posted January 24 2020 - 8:47 PM

zantezaint

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts
  • LocationCalifornia, North San Diego County

A+++ Purchased a solenopsis molesta colony (2 queens and 50 workers). Both queens were alive. Shipping was fast. Packaging was great. Will purchase again!

Edited by zantezaint, January 29 2020 - 8:57 PM.

• JimothyJ and Vern530 like this

https://www.formicul...ale-california/

4 x Solenopsis xyloni (Fire ant) colonies.

2 x Veromessor andrei (Seed-harvester ant) colonies.

19 x Pogonomyrmex subnitidus (Seed-harvester ant) colonies + 3 x Pogonomyrmex (ID uncertain) colonies

16 x Linepithema humile (Argentine ant) colonies.

1 x Unknown Formicidae colony.

1 x Tapinoma sessile (Odorous house ant) colony.

1 x Camponotus fragilis (Carpenter/wood ant) colony + 1 x Camponotus sansabeanus (Carpenter/wood ant) colony.

1 x Solenopsis molesta (Thief ant) colony.

#5 Offline Vern530 - Posted January 24 2020 - 9:10 PM

Vern530

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts
  • LocationTexas

May I please purchase the solenopsis molesta? I am a California resident in Vista.

Yes you can .please send me a private message with your phone number or email

#6 Offline AntNoob925 - Posted January 25 2020 - 1:12 PM

AntNoob925

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Excellent communication and service dealing with Vern!
Very responsive, helpful and generous!
He agreed to meet me part of the way and threw in a extra starter colony for free!
Will be definitely be doing business with you in the future.
Thanks!

Edited by AntNoob925, January 25 2020 - 1:40 PM.

• Vern530 likes this

#7 Offline EthanNgo678 - Posted January 26 2020 - 4:30 PM

EthanNgo678

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 297 posts
  • LocationMarin, Ca

Patient, responsive, and understanding! 

He was patient enough to wait for me to respond (a few hours) while there were people on the waitlist!

We need more ant farmers like Vern!

Thanks for the Pheidole colony!  :D

• Vern530 likes this

Plants r cool

#8 Offline Vern530 - Posted January 26 2020 - 5:06 PM

Vern530

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts
  • LocationTexas

Excellent communication and service dealing with Vern!
Very responsive, helpful and generous!
He agreed to meet me part of the way and threw in a extra starter colony for free!
Will be definitely be doing business with you in the future.
Thanks!

Thank you very much you guys were awesome customers.And best of luck with the new colonies!!

Patient, responsive, and understanding!
He was patient enough to wait for me to respond (a few hours) while there were people on the waitlist!
We need more ant farmers like Vern!
Thanks for the Pheidole colony! :D

Thank you and you were a great customer as well

#9 Offline SirAnticus - Posted January 29 2020 - 4:01 PM

SirAnticus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts
  • LocationSoCal
Responded very quickly and both colonies arrived without any dead workers. They were tightly wrapped in crumpled up newspaper to support the test tubes. An excellent Californian ant keeper.
  • Vern530 likes this

#10 Offline Vern530 - Posted January 29 2020 - 4:38 PM

Vern530

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts
  • LocationTexas

Responded very quickly and both colonies arrived without any dead workers. They were tightly wrapped in crumpled up newspaper to support the test tubes. An excellent Californian ant keeper.

thanks for making a purchase from me i appreciate it .

#11 Offline Aidanthielman - Posted January 31 2020 - 8:12 PM

Aidanthielman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts
  • LocationSan Diego California
The ants arrived quickly and healthy. He also responded very quickly and communicated nicely. Would recommend buying from Vern, he is a good ant farmer!
  • Vern530 likes this

#12 Offline Vern530 - Posted January 31 2020 - 8:26 PM

Vern530

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts
  • LocationTexas

The ants arrived quickly and healthy. He also responded very quickly and communicated nicely. Would recommend buying from Vern, he is a good ant farmer!

Thanks for your business

#13 Offline oogooseteen - Posted February 5 2020 - 5:11 PM

oogooseteen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationAlameda, CA

My purchased colonies just arrived! 

I contacted Vern Monday night at about 1030pm to inquire about the flash sale. I received an email the following morning and Vern honored the Flash sale prices. I paid before noon and received a USPS confirmation number that afternoon. It's Wednesday after work and I already have my ants safe and sound. Vern kept contact with me and had a few concerns with one of the colonies sent, no problem arose when they arrived. Fantastic prices, fantastic speed, fantastic service. If I had to provide a critique it is a shame there is only one Vern and one person can collect only so many ants. 

P.S. I have a friend incredibly interested in a Solenopsis molesta colony and Vern said they could look around for one and throw it in for no additional cost (other than shipping). I am fortunate enough to be in a position to not feel right about receiving a colony for free and will definitely purchase another colony to ship with the S. molesta. 

• Vern530 likes this

#14 Offline unloadedloki300 - Posted February 5 2020 - 6:14 PM

unloadedloki300

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

great communication and queen arrived alive and well 

• Vern530 likes this

#15 Offline BugCatcherWade - Posted February 13 2020 - 7:34 AM

BugCatcherWade

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco Bay Area, California

Purchased two colonies from Vern, and they both arrived the next day - just 24 hours later (YMMV). I paid via Venmo. Vern is very easy to talk to and very responsive. I will absolutely be purchasing again from Vern. Ants arrived very healthy.

• Vern530 likes this

#16 Offline Vern530 - Posted February 13 2020 - 3:27 PM

Vern530

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts
  • LocationTexas
Used formicariums for sale as well many different sizes and types in stock . Thoroughly cleans and some even completely re done(modification and add ons ) pm for pics .

Edited by Vern530, February 25 2020 - 9:33 AM.

#17 Offline YsTheAnt - Posted February 14 2020 - 10:16 PM

YsTheAnt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,435 posts
  • LocationSan Jose, CA
Colony arrived safe and sound. Excellent prices, very quick to respond. Thanks for the colony!
  • Vern530 likes this

Instagram          Journal           Shop

#18 Offline Vern530 - Posted February 14 2020 - 10:43 PM

Vern530

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts
  • LocationTexas

Colony arrived safe and sound. Excellent prices, very quick to respond. Thanks for the colony!

No problem glad everything went smoothly

#19 Offline AntManiac2310 - Posted February 16 2020 - 9:03 AM

AntManiac2310

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
  • LocationPleasanton,CA
Thanks a lot! My ants arrived safe and sound! Definitely will buy from him again!
  • Vern530 likes this

#20 Offline sL0wNsteady - Posted February 25 2020 - 9:27 AM

sL0wNsteady

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • LocationSacramento, CA
Great communication. My ants arrived safely. Would purchase again. Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Vern530 likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: queen ants, ants for adoption

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users