• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Please Help My Founding Stages

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Vegiejack67 - Posted September 25 2019 - 7:21 PM

Vegiejack67

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationWells, Nevada
I believe I have 3 pogonomyrmex queens in test tube setups, but I don't exactly know what sub species so I would like to move them into a better setup. Is it a good idea to start them in the dirt box through the semi-claustral/claustral foundation process?

#2 Offline PogoQueen - Posted September 26 2019 - 9:53 AM

PogoQueen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
Yes! Dirt boxes are an extremely effective way of raising Pogonomyrmex species. Just make sure to use a soil with a high clay content that is not over saturated with water. Sterilization is ideal but not necessary.
  • AntPhycho likes this

#3 Offline Vegiejack67 - Posted September 27 2019 - 3:18 PM

Vegiejack67

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationWells, Nevada
Thank you for replying. And it would be lost of help however drew is out of dirt boxes, so I will have to figure something else out.

#4 Offline zaratt - Posted September 28 2019 - 7:16 AM

zaratt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

your are lucky man 

Bluestacks Kodi Lucky Patcher

Edited by zaratt, October 3 2019 - 7:16 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users