• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Cloud's Crematogaster ashmeadi Journal (Updated May 29th, 2019)

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Ferox_Formicae - Posted May 29 2019 - 4:56 AM

Ferox_Formicae

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,443 posts
  • LocationProsperity, South Carolina

This was the first queen I ever collected this year. I collected her the first week of April at around 12:00. She was my first queen of the year. She is very thin and has still yet to lay eggs that I've seen. I'm not sure if she's doing good, but then again, the last time I raised Crematogaster ashmeadi, it took her eggs about a month and a half to finally hatch, and it took another two months before she got her first nanitics. That was the first time any of my queens had gotten workers, but there was a test tube leak and they all died. Hopefully this queen does have eggs, I just haven't seen them yet.

Currently Keeping:

Camponotus chromaiodes, Camponotus nearcticus, Stigmatomma pallipesStrumigenys brevisetosaStrumigenys clypeataStrumigenys louisianaeStrumigenys membraniferaStrumigenys reflexaStrumigenys rostrata

All Strumigenys Journal

Shop

YouTube

Twitter

#2 Offline FeedTheAnts - Posted May 29 2019 - 10:08 AM

FeedTheAnts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,238 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Crematogaster fly later in the year, so she must have overwintered somewhere and then come out to look for a nest? I've only Lasius parasites doing this, so that's strange. 

• Ferox_Formicae likes this

I accidentally froze all my ants 

#3 Offline Ferox_Formicae - Posted May 29 2019 - 10:56 AM

Ferox_Formicae

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,443 posts
  • LocationProsperity, South Carolina

Yeah. I did see Crematogaster fly in late December, so maybe she's one of those.

Currently Keeping:

Camponotus chromaiodes, Camponotus nearcticus, Stigmatomma pallipesStrumigenys brevisetosaStrumigenys clypeataStrumigenys louisianaeStrumigenys membraniferaStrumigenys reflexaStrumigenys rostrata

All Strumigenys Journal

Shop

YouTube

Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users