• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

AntsDanijel Lasius niger journal

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Offline AntsDanijel - Posted April 16 2019 - 9:24 PM

AntsDanijel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
Ok. Sorry fot that but don't hawe old photos of caching queen and tt. Hawe litle problem on begining, ants is slowly grow hawe 1Q and about 30W then go on vacation. When come back tt is be floated and alive is only 5W. Queen is stoping laing eegs and what now. Then decided broodboos with 30-40 eggs and this is suces. Until now hawe setup tt with ferero box like outworld only clear just fot feeding. Now i mowe in new setup. Hawe 1Q 200W, and now journy beginig.

Edited by AntsDanijel, April 16 2019 - 9:25 PM.

• Somethinghmm likes this

#2 Offline Somethinghmm - Posted April 16 2019 - 9:54 PM

Somethinghmm

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

I suggest you install Grammarly because it will point out if something you typed is spelled incorrectly.

Edited by Somethinghmm, April 16 2019 - 9:54 PM.

#3 Offline AntsDanijel - Posted April 16 2019 - 10:10 PM

AntsDanijel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
Tnx, install. It's funny now i know English.

#4 Offline AntsDanijel - Posted April 25 2019 - 10:42 PM

AntsDanijel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
Now one week have the heating cable under the formicarium. Twice per week hydrate formicarium no too much, and I think temperature is now ok inside. And humidity. The colony is now live and running around. Lowe eat super worms and little centipede, and honey. I thing dig under rock in sand. 😱 want transfer colony from TT?

#5 Offline AntsDanijel - Posted April 27 2019 - 9:24 AM

AntsDanijel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
My colony starts transfer brood under the rock. It's final. But it's not high only 15mm. What now? Can put only sand in one side 70mm and watering only this place. Will ants transfer in this new place?

#6 Offline AntsDanijel - Posted April 29 2019 - 1:50 AM

AntsDanijel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
New update. In TT is only pupae left and entrance is buried with sand. All eggs and larvae I thin am under a rock. This humidity is a problem or no? How I can solve this problem?

#7 Offline YsTheAnt - Posted May 4 2019 - 5:54 AM

YsTheAnt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,435 posts
  • LocationSan Jose, CA
Ants will prefer soil over a tube, there's not much you can do to get them out from under the rock.

Instagram          Journal           Shop

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users