• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Auto Generated PM's to New Members?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Offline AntsBC - Posted March 27 2019 - 3:20 PM

AntsBC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 317 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia, Canada

Hey everyone,

I just had an idea that randomly came to my head today and I think it's valuable enough to share:

What if Formiculture automatically sent a Private Message to you once you joined the forum, kind of like how Reddit does?

I know Formiculture does have a little banner that pops up when you join the forum, but I was thinking a little more in depth.

I think this could be a good way of helping people navigate through the forum, find helpful articles on ant keeping (if they're new to it), and also outline a few things; like the Forum rules.

I know all of these things are very easy to access if you quickly look around the forum, but the thing is, more and more people these days are just too lazy, or (quite frankly), too dumb to do that. I also see this as a good way to outline important things that nobody ever looks at; like the ID Template and How To Post Photos.

These are some of the things I thought should be included in the PM:

* A link to Forum rules

* Like I said before, a link to the ID Template

* Also like I said before, a link to How To Post Photos

(And anything else the mods view as important, I just figured those were the four main ones)

Anyways, I'm don't know how accessible something like this would be for Formiculture, I just thought it might be a good idea to keep in mind for the future.

Edited by AntsBC, March 27 2019 - 3:22 PM.

• Zeiss, FeedTheAnts, AntsMaryland and 4 others like this

My Active Journals:

Formica pacifica

Formica planipilis (Parasitic sp.)

Instagram // YouTube 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users