• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

AntGuySA Pheidole sp colonies (02/03/15)

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Offline AntGuySA - Posted March 1 2015 - 11:11 PM

AntGuySA

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts
  • LocationDurban, South Africa

Hi everyone

Here is my Pheidole sp colonies I have 2 queens with workers and lots of brood and 1 queen that has only a few eggs, I think I moved her to early into a formicarium and it is not really well designed, sorry some of the pictures are not that good my samsung camera is 8 years old,

1st queen and workers and brood

SDC11110
SDC11213
SDC11215
SDC11218
SDC11343
mold is growing fast but lucky it has not affected the water as yet, below photo to the above picture is 3 days growth
SDC11339
SDC11216

2nd queen with workers and brood

SDC11353
SDC11352
she had 1 soldier but I see he is dead not sure why

the 3rd queen is so sad I did not want to show her, but I had to learn the hard way and every time I look at her I get heart sore
SDC11354 (Custom)
SDC11361 (Custom)

now that I zoomed in on the picture I see a dead worker down there so sad :/  :(

ok today I must take action and get some formicarium`s together I have lost 3 queens already and don`t want to lose anymore, thanks for reading all advice is welcome.

Regards, AntGuySA

It`s not rocket science 

#2 Offline Gregory2455 - Posted March 2 2015 - 12:28 AM

Gregory2455

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,286 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
Those majors look awesome, I do beleive they are Pheidole megacephala.

#3 Offline Jonathan21700 - Posted March 2 2015 - 1:57 PM

Jonathan21700

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Very nice! Pheidole ants are amazing. You should place the queen in a smaller formicarium because she may feel unsecure there. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users