• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

The Ant Market- Florida Only

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Jamie_Garrison - Posted July 12 2017 - 12:06 PM

Jamie_Garrison

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts
  • LocationNortheast Florida

This is a current list please follow this thread as it will be updated frequently...

PS I know the laws and will not entertain those who think different.  

The Ant MarketFlorida Only  

The Ant Market is here to provide a fair price and great selection of Queens, Colonies, and Formicariums. All the ants are collected here in Florida. We have a strong grasp on quality over quantity and  we are proud of the products we offer.  All queens are placed in our orange tinted test tubes and given time to develop their eggs into larvae... it is not uncommon for a queen to be delivered with a few nanitics.  For semi-claustral  Queens we feed in-tube and remove leftovers the same day.  We will offer 3D printed nests and a wide selection of supplies for you to use to create your own outworlds..We will offer shipping to anywhere in Florida... We recommend that you direct message us for all sales so the thread does not get messy.. All questions post here... this will allow others to read ahead prior to making their order....and yes my photography is a work in progress...lol

TTB- Test Tube Babies

**Keep checking back for updates**

Edited by Jamie_Garrison, June 1 2018 - 7:50 AM.

• RapaNui likes this

#2 Offline Jamie_Garrison - Posted July 13 2017 - 12:55 PM

Jamie_Garrison

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Updated

#3 Offline T.C. - Posted July 13 2017 - 4:08 PM

T.C.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,059 posts
$150 for a Odontomachus brunneus queen?!?! Seems like alot to me. However none of my business so I'll just forget it.
  • Jamie_Garrison likes this
“If I am killed for simply living, let death be kinder than man.” -Althea Davis

#4 Offline Aaron567 - Posted July 13 2017 - 5:16 PM

Aaron567

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,005 posts
  • LocationPensacola, FL

$150 for a Odontomachus brunneus queen?!?! Seems like alot to me. However none of my business so I'll just forget it.

That's for a queen with 25+ workers.

• VoidElecent likes this

#5 Offline Jamie_Garrison - Posted July 14 2017 - 4:53 AM

Jamie_Garrison

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts

That's for a queen with 25+ workers.

I have put my effort in to my pricing if it is high please show me where I am compare to others.. but I have seen a price of $200 on the FB groups.. and that was for a single queen 

#6 Offline Jamie_Garrison - Posted July 14 2017 - 4:54 AM

Jamie_Garrison

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts

i am all about being guided in the correct direction... the time invested in these is worth the price i feel

#7 Offline VoidElecent - Posted July 14 2017 - 5:05 AM

VoidElecent

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,339 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia, PA.

I don't have a problem with the prices at all. An ant is a living thing after all, which shouldn't really even have prices. If I was a customer, I'd rather purchase a $150 colony from someone who's taken care of it, than a $10 queen from someone who clearly doesn't know what they're doing.

Good luck, Jamie! :)

• Nathant2131 and Jamie_Garrison like this

#8 Offline Jamie_Garrison - Posted July 17 2017 - 4:08 AM

Jamie_Garrison

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Added Colobopsis impressa and Pheidole moerens 

#9 Offline Lefthand - Posted July 17 2017 - 9:39 PM

Lefthand

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Now I see why you wanted to buy all of that one guy's P. badius queens.

I'm just curious, if you don't sell many of these colonies, are you going to maintain ~15 different colonies?

I only ask because I caught 2 queens and I stopped. I didn't want to take in more than I could handle. 

#10 Offline Jamie_Garrison - Posted July 18 2017 - 5:29 AM

Jamie_Garrison

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Now I see why you wanted to buy all of that one guy's P. badius queens.

I'm just curious, if you don't sell many of these colonies, are you going to maintain ~15 different colonies?

I only ask because I caught 2 queens and I stopped. I didn't want to take in more than I could handle. 

I maintain dozens of colonies... I have both mealworms farms and cricket farms working on a roach one.. (waiting on USDA to approve)   I really like this hobby I am constantly learning about the different ants and their needs... though here and other resources... I happen to have access to the time it takes to collect and rear the queens and plenty of room to do it in... My GF for some reason oks me doing this and because of this i can provide ants to others here in Florida that don't have the time to do so... my prices are a little higher on the ones i want to keep but everything is forsale.. if you happen to buy one of the queens i grow fond of I will always check in for updates... So no i don't do this for only a dollar I do this as my hobby that sometimes makes a dollar 

• VoidElecent likes this

#11 Offline Antz - Posted August 18 2017 - 2:07 PM

Antz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
Since i am from Florida to i was curious as to what is the smallest ant species you can commonly buy in fl
  • SirAnticus likes this

#12 Offline michaelhuynh235 - Posted September 19 2017 - 12:49 PM

michaelhuynh235

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

I would like to purchase the Cyphomyrmex rimosus and the Colobopsis obliqua !

#13 Offline Antz - Posted November 8 2017 - 8:47 PM

Antz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
May want to try another seller he hasn't be on here since aug 3

Edited by Antz, November 8 2017 - 8:47 PM.

#14 Offline Roku9710 - Posted November 9 2017 - 6:40 AM

Roku9710

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationTampa, Florida

I am a serious buyer looking for Cyphomyrmex rimosus or  Trachymyrmex septentrionalis. Please contact me. 

Edited by Roku9710, November 10 2017 - 12:21 PM.

#15 Offline WJohnson - Posted November 17 2017 - 11:07 PM

WJohnson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationMiami, FL
I seem to have gotten into this hobby a little late and missed the mating season, but is there anyone in Florida looking to sell Camponotus Floridanus or Solenopsis Invicta?

#16 Offline Doonasaur - Posted December 16 2017 - 6:02 PM

Doonasaur

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Are queens still available? 

#17 Offline vozitox - Posted May 5 2018 - 10:53 AM

vozitox

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

I am super interested in buying one of your ant queens. Please give me a way of contacting you via DM!

#18 Offline dspdrew - Posted May 6 2018 - 7:53 AM

dspdrew
  • LocationSanta Ana, CA

I would like to purchase the Cyphomyrmex rimosus and the Colobopsis obliqua !

May want to try another seller he hasn't be on here since aug 3

I am super interested in buying one of your ant queens. Please give me a way of contacting you via DM!

"Members must accurately represent their location in their Member Profile to participate in offers to buy, sell, trade, or otherwise distribute living ants of any caste or life stage."

#19 Offline Jamie_Garrison - Posted June 1 2018 - 7:42 AM

Jamie_Garrison

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Back and Collecting inventory 

#20 Offline Melmo703 - Posted December 25 2018 - 4:07 PM

Melmo703

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
I am looking for a small colony. I’m in Orlando FL. If anyone can point me in the right direction I would be greatful! Thank you

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users