• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Looking to Buy Any Queen (Connecticut)

queen colony ant any species connecticut

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Offline meatball295 - Posted March 28 2017 - 2:03 PM

meatball295

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Hi Everyone!

I am looking to start up an ant colony, but need to get my queen.

I am looking to buy a Queen from any ant species. A few workers as well would be fine.

Let me know your price.

Also, my drivers license is issued in NJ, but I reside and pay rent in CT. 

Thanks!

- John

Edited by meatball295, March 28 2017 - 2:05 PM.

#2 Offline Vanko - Posted March 29 2017 - 12:29 AM

Vanko

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
  • LocationPlovdiv, Bulgaria
Wait just few more weeks and they will start popping up.
  • meatball295 likes this
😛 🐜 😛

#3 Offline ctantkeeper - Posted March 29 2017 - 4:26 AM

ctantkeeper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 704 posts
  • LocationCT

Hello, I live in CT as well!!! Its nice to meet you. I don't have anything to sell as of now, but I will resume collecting later this spring and continue through the summer and fall. If there is any species or genera that you have in mind, please let me know. It would be my pleasure. As for the cost, it would be highly dependant on the species of ant in question, but I would not ask for much. If you are interested, I can someday show you my collection and give you some information as to how to keep / rear ants in person or through PM in order to help you begin. I have been rearing ants for five years now and I have learned quite a few neat tricks over that time.

Edited by ctantkeeper, March 29 2017 - 4:27 AM.

• meatball295 likes this

#4 Offline meatball295 - Posted March 31 2017 - 7:36 AM

meatball295

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Hello, I live in CT as well!!! Its nice to meet you. I don't have anything to sell as of now, but I will resume collecting later this spring and continue through the summer and fall. If there is any species or genera that you have in mind, please let me know. It would be my pleasure. As for the cost, it would be highly dependant on the species of ant in question, but I would not ask for much. If you are interested, I can someday show you my collection and give you some information as to how to keep / rear ants in person or through PM in order to help you begin. I have been rearing ants for five years now and I have learned quite a few neat tricks over that time.

Hey!

Thanks for the reply. I am not certain on species, but maybe you can help me with that. I would appreciate any help you can offer getting started! Where in CT do you live around? I am closer to NYC around the Stamford area. 

Thanks again for the helpful offer!

- John

#5 Offline ctantkeeper - Posted March 31 2017 - 8:38 AM

ctantkeeper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 704 posts
  • LocationCT

No prob John! My actual name is Kyle btw. I currently live in Rocky Hill, CT at the moment. I would love to help you pick out your first beginner ant species. I often recommend either Lasius neoniger or Tetramorium sp.e to beginners because of how adaptable and fast growing their colonies tend to be. I have had great luck with these two species in the past. I would be happy to share some more info regarding them, but would it be possible to do so over the phone? It would be much easier / less time consuming to do so then write out five or so paragraphs of information here. You can send it to me through PM. I will mostly contact you tomorrow if you are free as well.

• meatball295 likes this

#6 Offline meatball295 - Posted April 1 2017 - 12:03 PM

meatball295

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

No prob John! My actual name is Kyle btw. I currently live in Rocky Hill, CT at the moment. I would love to help you pick out your first beginner ant species. I often recommend either Lasius neoniger or Tetramorium sp.e to beginners because of how adaptable and fast growing their colonies tend to be. I have had great luck with these two species in the past. I would be happy to share some more info regarding them, but would it be possible to do so over the phone? It would be much easier / less time consuming to do so then write out five or so paragraphs of information here. You can send it to me through PM. I will mostly contact you tomorrow if you are free as well.

Oh nice! I work in Hartford which is not far away. 

I'll send you a pm at some point today hopefully. I am working my butt off lately so I've been having no free time. Feel free to send me one as reminder so I do not forget!

#7 Offline ctantkeeper - Posted April 1 2017 - 1:07 PM

ctantkeeper

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 704 posts
  • LocationCT

Oh nice! I work in Hartford which is not far away. 

I'll send you a pm at some point today hopefully. I am working my butt off lately so I've been having no free time. Feel free to send me one as reminder so I do not forget!

Ok, will do :).

Edited by ctantkeeper, April 1 2017 - 1:08 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: queen, colony, ant, any, species, connecticut

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users