• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Pheidole Sp. Journal (UPDATE)

pheidole eggs

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Offline antgenius123 - Posted February 9 2017 - 11:30 AM

antgenius123

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts

So I've had this Pheidole queen for nearly 2 weeks now, it was actually brother who found her as she was about to crawl onto his shoe so I guess it was a pretty lucky find. She is doing fine and I just recently moved her into a test tube setup from another small container. She has about 20+ eggs and so far I haven't experienced any problems with her. I will update the progress of this queen every once in a while but mainly when I see any changes.

Here are some pictures I took of her recently.

5ExK3iW.jpg

RXuSd00.jpg

f9Cqkke.jpg?4

Here are some pictures I took this morning - the pile of eggs has increased quite a bit.

Excuse my bad handwriting :lol:

L8UPaFG.jpgsXSg9n6.jpgfcJ5HWR.jpg

Edited by antgenius123, February 17 2017 - 10:26 PM.

• CrazyLegs and Wegmier like this

Currently own:
(1x) Camponotus Sp.
(1x) Pheidole aurivillii (?)
(1x) Monomorium Sp. (?)

Other

#2 Offline Leo - Posted February 9 2017 - 3:53 PM

Leo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,508 posts
  • LocationHong Kong

nice pheidole are so cool

• antgenius123 likes this

#3 Offline antgenius123 - Posted February 17 2017 - 10:24 PM

antgenius123

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts

UPDATE: 18/02/17

I've just given the Queen some honey and she went straight for it, she was drinking it for about 20 minutes straight. I've also seen 2 larvae developing, one that I suspect is a major due to its larger size. Also, I ordered 3 tarheel ants devolve chambers which should be coming soon.

Here are some pictures:

If you look closely you can see a batch of eggs on the top left of the test tube near the cotton.

c321mTH.jpg

zBLMjYS.jpg

• CrazyLegs and lucas3431 like this

Currently own:
(1x) Camponotus Sp.
(1x) Pheidole aurivillii (?)
(1x) Monomorium Sp. (?)

Other

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pheidole, eggs

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users