• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Tetramorium Sp Queen finally calmed down.

tetramorium mold

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Loops117 - Posted June 20 2016 - 5:10 AM

Loops117

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 802 posts
  • LocationSouth Lyon, Michigan

Well, the chili queen finally calmed down. My girlfriend rescued her from the chilis restroom, and has been in a tube since. Relentless, she would pull at the cotton to get out, she didn’t like it. After the first week, she first rejected two Tetramorium cocoons, and placed them directly on the wet cotton, which started to mold after the first week. Unable to coax her out, or remove the mold, I leave it. She’s added everything to the mold pile since then, and has dug into it. Sh

I've given her 2 cocoons, pollen, and a small piece of apple. I can’t tell if she’s laying since she’s surrounded by her mold walls, but she is a lot more relaxed.

Any help? Is this normal?

#2 Offline Goldsystem - Posted June 21 2016 - 7:23 PM

Goldsystem

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts
  • LocationWichita Kansas
Um well I don't know if it's normal but my queens did not behave like that when I put them in their test tube.

#3 Offline Loops117 - Posted June 21 2016 - 9:42 PM

Loops117

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 802 posts
  • LocationSouth Lyon, Michigan

Tomorrow I'm gonna hook up another tube, and let her old one dry out. See if i can get her into a clean environment. what's the difficulty rating on this species? I have 5 queens all together..

#4 Offline Mdrogun - Posted June 21 2016 - 10:32 PM

Mdrogun

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 943 posts
  • LocationGainesville, FL

Tomorrow I'm gonna hook up another tube, and let her old one dry out. See if i can get her into a clean environment. what's the difficulty rating on this species? I have 5 queens all together..

They are super easy to raise.

Currently Keeping:
Trachymyrmex septentrionalis

Pheidole pilifera

Forelius sp. (Monogynous, bicolored) "Midwestern Forelius"
Crematogaster cerasi

Pheidole bicarinata

Aphaenogaster rudis

Camponotus chromaiodes

Formica sp. (microgena species)

Nylanderia cf. arenivega

#5 Offline Goldsystem - Posted June 26 2016 - 11:00 AM

Goldsystem

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts
  • LocationWichita Kansas
Mine are still in a test tube but they seem very easy, and their brood grows very fast.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: tetramorium, mold

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users