• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Tetramorium immigrans humidity and other questions

tetramorium immigrans humidity nuptial flight mating flights

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Ant234 - Posted June 16 2022 - 8:27 AM

Ant234

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationTroy, Michigan

Hi!

I live in michigan, and am hoping to catch a tetramorium queen. I have a few questions. Is there a certain temp that they like? And is there a certain humidity level that in which tetramorium mmigrans alates come out to have nuptial flights? ex: over 30% humidity? I know that i should look for queens till 11:30 in the morning. Any other tips other than these questions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks! 

#2 Offline bmb1bee - Posted June 16 2022 - 9:41 AM

bmb1bee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 752 posts
  • LocationHayward, CA
They’ll fly when the temps outside reach 85 degrees, at least in my area. In hotter places they fly at 90 degrees. I’m not sure about humidity though.

"Float like a butterfly sting like a bee, his eyes can't hit what the eyes can't see." - Muhammad Ali

Check out my shop and Camponotus journal! Discord user is bmb1bee if you'd like to chat.

#3 Offline ANTdrew - Posted June 16 2022 - 11:00 AM

ANTdrew

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,376 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, VA
Temps above 70F at sunrise with humidity above 60% and light winds are the conditions you want.
  • ZTYguy, TacticalHandleGaming and Ant234 like this
"The ants are a people not strong, yet they prepare their meat in the summer." Prov. 30:25
Keep ordinary ants in extraordinary ways.

#4 Offline Ant234 - Posted June 16 2022 - 11:25 AM

Ant234

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationTroy, Michigan

Ok that's very helpful thanks

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: tetramorium immigrans, humidity, nuptial flight, mating, flights

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users