• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Free Camponotus Queen, Chelsea, NY

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Canadian anter - Posted June 1 2022 - 5:33 AM

Canadian anter

Vendor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,541 posts
  • LocationToronto,Canada

I'm sending out this message on behalf of a gentleman I've been helping on keeping a queen alive. He is looking to find her a new home, as he is disabled and in a position where he would not be able to/not want to keep the queen himself.

The person must be willing to travel to Chelsea, NY in order to pick up the queen. She was originally caught last year, but due to improper set up did not do well for her first brood. Now she has eggs and is looking like she can start a colony again.

Pics attached

Attached Images

• IMG_7709.JPG

• OiledOlives, m99 and FloridaAnts like this
Visit us at www.canada-ant-colony.com !

#2 Offline T.C. - Posted June 1 2022 - 7:52 PM

T.C.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,059 posts

Might be infertile considering the duration and the wings are still attached.

“If I am killed for simply living, let death be kinder than man.” -Althea Davis

#3 Offline FloridaAnts - Posted June 1 2022 - 9:28 PM

FloridaAnts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 374 posts
  • LocationFlorida

I'm sending out this message on behalf of a gentleman I've been helping on keeping a queen alive. He is looking to find her a new home, as he is disabled and in a position where he would not be able to/not want to keep the queen himself.

The person must be willing to travel to Chelsea, NY in order to pick up the queen. She was originally caught last year, but due to improper set up did not do well for her first brood. Now she has eggs and is looking like she can start a colony again.

Pics attached

Hopefully someone gives that queen a chance!

Might be infertile considering the duration and the wings are still attached.

I have fertile winged queens(Based on the huge amount of eggs they laid and the fact they are maturing larvae), but not of Camponotus.

#4 Offline Canadian anter - Posted June 2 2022 - 12:20 PM

Canadian anter

Vendor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,541 posts
  • LocationToronto,Canada

As of writing this today the queen has apparently 18 eggs

• OiledOlives and FloridaAnts like this
Visit us at www.canada-ant-colony.com !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users