• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Anyone interested in a Camponotus floridanus colony?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Pokemonandanttour - Posted May 22 2022 - 12:23 PM

Pokemonandanttour

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis Missouri
Hey I have a camponotus Floridanus colony that is pretty big that I am thinking about selling, would any of you be interested. If you are interested feel free to offer because I have no set price in mind.

#2 Offline Manitobant - Posted May 22 2022 - 5:39 PM

Manitobant

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,898 posts
  • LocationWinnipeg, Canada
I’m pretty sure you can’t legally sell a species you obtained with permits to someone else in your state, but i may be wrong.

#3 Offline ZTYguy - Posted May 22 2022 - 5:51 PM

ZTYguy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,678 posts
  • LocationNorthridge, California

I’m pretty sure you can’t legally sell a species you obtained with permits to someone else in your state, but i may be wrong.

You are correct. An example would be my placodops. If I wanted to get rid of one of those queens I would have to dispatch them. You can not legally sell ants acquired with a permit.

• Manitobant and Dumpling like this

Ant Keeping Since June 2018
Currently Keeping:
A. versicolor, C. us-ca02, C. yogi, C. Vicinus, C. laevigatus, C. clarithorax, C. maritimus, C. ocreatus, M. mexicanus, M. placodops 01, V. andrei, V. pergandei, N. cockerelli, P. barbata, P. montanus

Hoping to Catch This season:

M. romanei, M. placodops 02, P. imberbiculus, Polyergus sp., F. moki, A. megomatta, Cyphomyrmex sp.,Temnothorax sp.

#4 Offline Bobtyper9 - Posted May 25 2022 - 2:56 PM

Bobtyper9

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • LocationNorth Port fl 34287

Hey I have a camponotus Floridanus colony that is pretty big that I am thinking about selling, would any of you be interested. If you are interested feel free to offer because I have no set price in mind.

Any pictures of them can u inbox me please

#5 Offline ZTYguy - Posted May 25 2022 - 3:23 PM

ZTYguy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,678 posts

Any pictures of them can u inbox me please

It is unlikely this is a colony from where he lives due to a lack of any populations of Camponotus floridanus in Missouri. I do not suggest purchasing this colony as it will likely be out of legal boundaries, even if this colony was purchased originally legally (ie. with a permit)

• Manitobant likes this

Currently Keeping:
A. versicolor, C. us-ca02, C. yogi, C. Vicinus, C. laevigatus, C. clarithorax, C. maritimus, C. ocreatus, M. mexicanus, M. placodops 01, V. andrei, V. pergandei, N. cockerelli, P. barbata, P. montanus

M. romanei, M. placodops 02, P. imberbiculus, Polyergus sp., F. moki, A. megomatta, Cyphomyrmex sp.,Temnothorax sp.

#6 Offline Bobtyper9 - Posted May 25 2022 - 4:46 PM

Bobtyper9

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • LocationNorth Port fl 34287
We have them out here in Florida just trying to save me the time looking for them

#7 Offline FloridaAnts - Posted May 25 2022 - 5:11 PM

FloridaAnts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 374 posts
  • LocationFlorida
If you want some, they fly on nights with High humidity, and temperature around 80. Typically, after sunset. It’s awesome to see this species grow and begin to branch out its food choices.

#8 Offline ZTYguy - Posted May 25 2022 - 8:55 PM

ZTYguy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,678 posts

We have them out here in Florida just trying to save me the time looking for them

Shipping ants over state borders without proper permits is illegal. Just check AntsEmporium frequently as Garrett sometimes has C. floridanus in. Check the link below to see his website.

Edited by ZTYguy, May 25 2022 - 8:58 PM.

Currently Keeping:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users