• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Personality Types

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

Poll: Which Type Are You? (28 member(s) have cast votes)

Which Myers-Briggs Personality Type Are You?

1. INTJ (Architect) (4 votes [14.29%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 14.29%

2. INTP (Logician) (5 votes [17.86%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 17.86%

3. ENTJ (Commander) (2 votes [7.14%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 7.14%

4. ENTP (Debater) (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

5. INFJ (Advocate) (2 votes [7.14%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 7.14%

6. INFP (Mediator) (4 votes [14.29%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 14.29%

7. ENFJ (Protagonist) (0 votes [0.00%])

8. ENFP (Campaigner) (0 votes [0.00%])

9. ISTJ (Logistician) (0 votes [0.00%])

10. ISFJ (Defender) (0 votes [0.00%])

11. ESTJ (Executive) (1 votes [3.57%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.57%

12. ESFJ (Consul) (1 votes [3.57%] - View)

13. ISTP (Virtuoso) (6 votes [21.43%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 21.43%

14. ISFP (Adventurer) (1 votes [3.57%] - View)

15. ESTP (Entrepreneur) (1 votes [3.57%] - View)

16. ESFP (Entertainer) (1 votes [3.57%] - View)

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Offline AntsDakota - Posted March 10 2022 - 4:05 PM

AntsDakota

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,994 posts
  • LocationSioux Falls, South Dakota

So besides ants, this basic area of psychology has been of great interest to me lately. So in short, the Myers-Briggs personality types is a method of dividing people into 16 categories based off of how they see the world and think about things. Each type is unique and special, yet people of the same type often find they share a lot in common. 

Ever wonder why some people just don't want to be around lots of people, no matter how nice you are to them? Or maybe vice versa? Or, for example, why others can be so emotional and touchy, or so serious and unfeeling. Perhaps you've wondered why some people can't get their head out of the clouds and be productive, or why some just can't see the bigger picture and the beauty of simply pondering life's toughest questions. Well if you've ever thought something along these lines about another person, you're probably of a contrasting type. Or maybe you've thought those things about yourself, and you wonder if there's anyone else who can relate to you. This is exactly why I find the 16 personalities so fascinating. I've gained so much insight in my ways of thinking, and can better understand why others behave the way they do. 16personalities.com does an excellent job at describing each type in a relatable way. So if you're curious about the types, become a personality nerd like me! (This is NOT a promotional thing, just me being very into this topic lol)

So anyways, types are named in a sequence of 4 letters, which act as "Switches" between two options. The combination of different "switches" determines your type. 

Basically it goes like this:

Are you Introverted or Extraverted? (I/E)

Are you Intuitive or Sensing? (N/S)

Are you Feeling or Thinking? (F/T)

Are you Judging or Prospecting? (J/P)

(And trying to assess yourself by this list alone isn't very accurate at all, so I would recommend taking the test to avoid your own self bias.)

I'm curious to know you guy's types! Who knows? Perhaps different traits are more likely to take an interest in ants. I'm sure we'll soon find out.

TEST

Type List/Descriptions

Edited by AntsDakota, March 10 2022 - 4:11 PM.

"God made..... all the creatures that move along the ground according to their kinds. (including ants) And God saw that it was good. Genesis 1:25 NIV version

#2 Offline Jadeninja9 - Posted March 10 2022 - 4:38 PM

Jadeninja9

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 552 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco Bay Area, CA
INFJ-A. It’s super accurate.
  • AntsDakota likes this

#3 Offline azzaaazzzz00 - Posted March 10 2022 - 4:39 PM

azzaaazzzz00

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 544 posts
  • LocationBogota, NJ

I'm apparently a INJF-T, pretty accurate besides the part about how I'm insane at making people's day, for some reason I tend to do the opposite :lol:

• AntsDakota and ColAnt735 like this
Been keeping ants since January of 2021

Always try new things, even if its hard, hard is not impossible. We are smart and it's good to be smart but not too smart for your own good.

#4 Offline ANTdrew - Posted March 10 2022 - 6:11 PM

ANTdrew

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,376 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, VA
INFP- mediator
  • AntsDakota likes this
"The ants are a people not strong, yet they prepare their meat in the summer." Prov. 30:25
Keep ordinary ants in extraordinary ways.

#5 Offline Manitobant - Posted March 10 2022 - 7:30 PM

Manitobant

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,898 posts
  • LocationWinnipeg, Canada
ISTP-A. This especially fits considering I’m autistic.

Edited by Manitobant, March 10 2022 - 7:33 PM.

• TennesseeAnts and AntsDakota like this

#6 Offline ColAnt735 - Posted March 10 2022 - 8:13 PM

ColAnt735

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 406 posts
  • LocationOntario,Canada

INTJ-T is very accurate. I hope the 99% judging isn't true though that means I am really really bad at dealing with unexpected challenges.

Results:

10% Extroverted   90% Introverted 

76% Intuitive    24% Observant

93% Thinking   7% Feeling

99% Judging    1% Prospecting

29% Assertive   71% Turbulent

Edited by ColAnt735, September 21 2022 - 6:15 PM.

• AntsDakota, azzaaazzzz00 and lazyant like this

"If an ant carries an object a hundred times it's weight,you can carry burdens many times your size.

#7 Offline NickAnter - Posted March 10 2022 - 8:19 PM

NickAnter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,307 posts
  • LocationOrange County, California

INTP-A.

Assertive Logician. Quite accurate too.

• AntsDakota likes this

Hi there! I went on a 6 month or so hiatus, in part due, and in part cause of the death of my colonies. 

However, I went back to the Sierras, and restarted my collection, which is now as follows:

Aphaenogaster uinta, Camponotus vicinus, Camponotus modoc, Formica cf. aserva, Formica cf. micropthalma, Formica cf. manni, Formica subpolita, Formica cf. subaenescens, Lasius americanus, Manica invidia, Pogonomyrmex salinus, Pogonomyrmex sp. 1, Solenopsis validiuscula, & Solenopsis sp. 3 (new Sierra variant). 

#8 Offline Jadeninja9 - Posted March 10 2022 - 10:03 PM

Jadeninja9

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 552 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco Bay Area, CA
Looks like we won’t see many extroverted ant keepers lol
  • ANTdrew, AntsDakota and PaigeX like this

#9 Offline PaigeX - Posted March 10 2022 - 10:04 PM

PaigeX

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 333 posts
  • LocationGympie, QLD, Australia

ISFP-A. Was different about 10 years ago when i did the same test. I was more depressed back then and full of anxiety.
Since then i have gotten much better and now walk outside more. Thanks to any keeping. 

• Jadeninja9, AntsDakota, ANTS_KL and 2 others like this

Favourite Genus: Polyrhachis 

Journal: Main

Instagram: australian_polyrhachis

May God Bless you.

#10 Offline Leptomyrmx - Posted March 10 2022 - 11:52 PM

Leptomyrmx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 286 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

INTJ-T, I'm definitely an observer, not ant interact-er.

From a young age I've just sat and watched people.

that sounds so incredibly wrong. I mean their behaviours.

Edited by Leptomyrmx, March 10 2022 - 11:57 PM.

• Kaelwizard, AntsDakota, azzaaazzzz00 and 2 others like this

My Ants:

Colonies: Camponotus humilior 1w, Opisthopsis rufithorax 11w, Aphaenogaster longiceps ~5w, Pheidole sp. ~235w ~15m, Iridomyrmex sp. 2q 1w, Brachyponera lutea 6w, Crematogaster sp. ~20w, Podomyrma sp. 1w

Queens: Polyrhachis cf. robinsoni, Polyrhachis (Campomyrma) sp. (likely infertile)

Previously Kept: Colobopsis gasseri, Technomyrmex sp., Rhytidoponera victorae, Nylanderia cf. rosae, Myrmecia brevinoda/forficata, Polyrhachis australis, Solenopsis/Monomorium

Key: Q = Queen, W = Worker, M = Major

Youtube Channel: Ants of Sydney - YouTube

Patreon (for YouTube channel): https://www.patreon.com/antsofsydney

#11 Offline AntsDakota - Posted March 11 2022 - 8:50 AM

AntsDakota

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,994 posts

INTJ-T is very accurate. I hope the 100% judging isn't true though that means I am really really bad at dealing with unexpected challenges.

Well, Judging is beneficial as well, considering that Judging people often have a plan. Prospecting people, on the other hand, are less likely to even make plans.

INTP-A.

Assertive Logician. Quite accurate too.

You and me both. I'm quite satisfied with my traits.

• NickAnter likes this

"God made..... all the creatures that move along the ground according to their kinds. (including ants) And God saw that it was good. Genesis 1:25 NIV version

#12 Offline NicholasP - Posted March 11 2022 - 8:53 AM

NicholasP

Vendor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 763 posts
  • LocationGrand Rapids, Michigan

Me being an INFP-T is fairly true for me. It is true that I hate socializing with people I don't know or aren't friends with thinking of what they'd say of me.

Edited by NicholasP, March 11 2022 - 8:59 AM.

#13 Offline AntsDakota - Posted March 11 2022 - 8:55 AM

AntsDakota

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,994 posts

Looks like we won’t see many extroverted ant keepers lol

Yes; it appears that Introverted Intuitives make up about 2/3 of the votes thus far, although I believe Intuition is probably more important to taking an interest in ants. Intuition sees not what's in front of your face, but overarching concepts, systems, and ideas. So it is with ant keeping. I don't see my colony's present. I see their future, and their success. That's what makes ant keeping so enjoyable for me. If I wasn't exited about the endless possibilities for a min-civilization's growth, I would get bored with ants rather quickly. But hats off to the Sensing people who still take an interest anyways!

• Jadeninja9 and PaigeX like this

#14 Offline AntsDakota - Posted March 11 2022 - 8:57 AM

AntsDakota

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,994 posts

deleted 

Edited by AntsDakota, March 11 2022 - 9:01 AM.

#15 Offline AntsDakota - Posted March 11 2022 - 8:58 AM

AntsDakota

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,994 posts

INTJ-T, I'm definitely an observer, not ant interact-er.

From a young age I've just sat and watched people.

that sounds so incredibly wrong. I mean their behaviours.

That is quite normal for your type. All types with NT in the middle (INTJ, INTP, ENTJ, ENTP) share a fascination for systems, how people fit into them, and complex concepts.

• Leptomyrmx likes this

#16 Offline AntsDakota - Posted March 11 2022 - 9:00 AM

AntsDakota

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,994 posts

INFP- mediator

Quite fitting for such a wise member of this community.

#17 Offline AntsDakota - Posted March 11 2022 - 9:01 AM

AntsDakota

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,994 posts

Me being an INFP-T is fairly true for me. It is true that I hate socializing with people I don't know or aren't friends with thinking of what they'd say of me.

INxPs in general, however, love the inner mind, though. INFPs are known to be very creative, probably the most creative type of all.

• PaigeX likes this

#18 Offline AntsDakota - Posted March 11 2022 - 9:03 AM

AntsDakota

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,994 posts

ISFP-A. Was different about 10 years ago when i did the same test. I was more depressed back then and full of anxiety.
Since then i have gotten much better and now walk outside more. Thanks to any keeping. 

What were you before? Obviously it was an Ixxx - T type.

Edited by AntsDakota, March 11 2022 - 9:04 AM.

#19 Offline AntsDakota - Posted March 11 2022 - 9:09 AM

AntsDakota

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,994 posts

I'm apparently a INJF-T, pretty accurate besides the part about how I'm insane at making people's day, for some reason I tend to do the opposite :lol:

I'm sure that's more of an INFJ - A thing.

#20 Offline PaigeX - Posted March 11 2022 - 12:06 PM

PaigeX

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 333 posts
  • LocationGympie, QLD, Australia

What were you before? Obviously it was an Ixxx - T type.

My first ever test was i think Logician Personality INTP-A / INTP-T, 

Years later after some changes in life, i took it again and got Mediator Personality, INFP-A / INFP-T.
This time with more change in my life and more freedom in my mind set, I've got ISFP-A

I used to be in deep depression when younger. I loved to learn but couldn't retain the information all the time.
After some years later when I was no longer in depressed state and things starting to turn to the better, I took the test again.
This time things are progressing much better and I have more freedom in mind set, overall happier, I've also been going outside more because of ant keeping and it really has given me more motivation in life. 

• Jadeninja9, AntsDakota, UtahAnts and 1 other like this

Favourite Genus: Polyrhachis 

Journal: Main

Instagram: australian_polyrhachis

May God Bless you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users