• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Chickalo's Excruciating Tiny Solenopsis Molesta

chickalo solenopsis molesta solenopsis molesta smol small lol this is useless

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Chickalo - Posted August 5 2021 - 3:29 PM

Chickalo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 809 posts
  • LocationSalem, Massachusetts

So I'm currently at this summer camp that exists on an island.  The island is ran by Tetramorium immigrans, Crematogaster (I tell the older kids they're called Creamytoebastards), Myrmica, possibly Pheidole (not likely), and of course Solenopsis molesta

map.png

ANYWAYS

During camp I was lifting rocks (as one does), and found a Solenopsis molesta colony with two queens!  Luckily I had my drug bottles on me at the time, scooped them up and went home with them.  Right now I'm trying to move them into a test tube, however they're being rather difficult, so I guess I'll update you all when they finally do.

0?ui=2&ik=d9d44f8daf&attid=0.1&permmsgid

0?ui=2&ik=d9d44f8daf&attid=0.2&permmsgid

• Antkeeper01, mantisgal, AntBoi3030 and 1 other like this

シグナチャーです。예.

#2 Offline AntBoi3030 - Posted August 8 2021 - 2:15 PM

AntBoi3030

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 716 posts
  • LocationMaryland
My cousins started thinking I’m running a drug lab when they saw my hydrostone workshop full of tubes and syringes and hydrostone powder.
  • Antkeeper01, Chickalo and eea like this

My favorite queens/colony’s:
Pheidole Tysoni, Selonopis Molesta, Brachymyrmex Depilis, Tetramorium Immagrians, Prenolepis Imparis, Pheidole Bicirinata 

#3 Offline Chickalo - Posted August 14 2021 - 4:48 PM

Chickalo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 809 posts

It's been over a week, and yet only a couple workers are in the tube at a time, and always near the dry side.  They also bridged between the inside and outside of the cotton, will have to fix that if they move in (seriously doubting it not gonna lie).  However, it's improvement nontheless.  

• Kaelwizard and AntBoi3030 like this

シグナチャーです。예.

#4 Offline AntBoi3030 - Posted August 14 2021 - 5:46 PM

AntBoi3030

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 716 posts
  • LocationMaryland
I just caught 30 of these send help and more test tubes
  • Kaelwizard and Chickalo like this

My favorite queens/colony’s:
Pheidole Tysoni, Selonopis Molesta, Brachymyrmex Depilis, Tetramorium Immagrians, Prenolepis Imparis, Pheidole Bicirinata 

#5 Offline Chickalo - Posted August 16 2021 - 1:42 PM

Chickalo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 809 posts

Chickalo's Daily S. Molesta Maintenance:

1:  Open Lid

2:  Flick off any workers attempting to climb out (5-20)

3:  Open up wherever they tried to nest

4:  Cry because they're extremely stubborn ants

• Kaelwizard and AntBoi3030 like this

シグナチャーです。예.

#6 Offline ANTdrew - Posted August 16 2021 - 3:59 PM

ANTdrew

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,376 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, VA

Chickalo's Daily S. Molesta Maintenance:

1: Open Lid
2: Flick off any workers attempting to climb out (5-20)
3: Open up wherever they tried to nest
4: Cry because they're extremely stubborn ants

This is exactly why I’ve never kept these ants.
  • Kaelwizard and Chickalo like this
"The ants are a people not strong, yet they prepare their meat in the summer." Prov. 30:25
Keep ordinary ants in extraordinary ways.

#7 Offline NickAnter - Posted August 16 2021 - 4:22 PM

NickAnter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,307 posts
  • LocationOrange County, California

Mine have actually been perfect little angels so far. Lets hope they stay that way...

• Chickalo likes this

Hi there! I went on a 6 month or so hiatus, in part due, and in part cause of the death of my colonies. 

However, I went back to the Sierras, and restarted my collection, which is now as follows:

Aphaenogaster uinta, Camponotus vicinus, Camponotus modoc, Formica cf. aserva, Formica cf. micropthalma, Formica cf. manni, Formica subpolita, Formica cf. subaenescens, Lasius americanus, Manica invidia, Pogonomyrmex salinus, Pogonomyrmex sp. 1, Solenopsis validiuscula, & Solenopsis sp. 3 (new Sierra variant). 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: chickalo, solenopsis, molesta, solenopsis molesta, smol, small, lol this is useless

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users