• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Guess who's Back?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Offline littlebandicoot - Posted July 4 2021 - 1:23 AM

littlebandicoot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts
  • LocationBenson, Arizona

OMG you guys it has been way way to long!!! I'm so sorry, please forgive me for being MIA for what 3 years now? holly crap.  ok so news... all ants... didn't make it. sad I know. I was really down and out for a good while with really bad headaches, I could barely function. Jan 2020 hit with me passing out and I ended up in the ER and having a CT scan. I had a bad bad brain bleed. I get that fixed (so I thought) Then I got covid in December. (Happy birthday to me)  2021 rolls around,  Headaches come back, I have memory issues and severe mussel spasms. Hospital again, brain bleed is back.  Get it fixed again.  February rolls around, I'm recovering still and my soon to be husband goes in for routine hernia surgery and flatlines on the table. Took 2min and 22 sec to get his heart started and he spends a month in the hospital in ICU. Come to find out his heart was damaged by covid. Once he is out of the hospital we decide after 10 years to finally get married.  (Yay!)  April hits like a freight train and I'm diagnosed with a rare blood cancer called Polycythemia Vera. I say "screw it" and blow my savings on inverts. 

How are you Guys? You all make out out of 2020 ok? 

PS, I have a new queen again. cross fingers that This one makes it.

20210703_222210.png

#2 Offline strawnkayden1 - Posted July 4 2021 - 1:28 AM

strawnkayden1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts
  • LocationNorthern California

OMG you guys it has been way way to long!!! I'm so sorry, please forgive me for being MIA for what 3 years now? holly crap. ok so news... all ants... didn't make it. sad I know. I was really down and out for a good while with really bad headaches, I could barely function. Jan 2020 hit with me passing out and I ended up in the ER and having a CT scan. I had a bad bad brain bleed. I get that fixed (so I thought) Then I got covid in December. (Happy birthday to me) 2021 rolls around, Headaches come back, I have memory issues and severe mussel spasms. Hospital again, brain bleed is back. Get it fixed again. February rolls around, I'm recovering still and my soon to be husband goes in for routine hernia surgery and flatlines on the table. Took 2min and 22 sec to get his heart started and he spends a month in the hospital in ICU. Come to find out his heart was damaged by covid. Once he is out of the hospital we decide after 10 years to finally get married. (Yay!) April hits like a freight train and I'm diagnosed with a rare blood cancer called Polycythemia Vera. I say "screw it" and blow my savings on inverts.

How are you Guys? You all make out out of 2020 ok?
PS, I have a new queen again. cross fingers that This one makes it.
20210703_222210.png

Wow, that's a pretty insane train of events in your life. I’m glad you could come back to ant keeping.
  • littlebandicoot and Antkeeper01 like this

#3 Offline littlebandicoot - Posted July 4 2021 - 1:45 AM

littlebandicoot

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts
  • LocationBenson, Arizona

Thanks. I'm glad to be back. it has been a wild ride for sure. 

• Antkeeper01 likes this

#4 Offline ANTdrew - Posted July 4 2021 - 2:05 AM

ANTdrew

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,376 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, VA
Welcome back! I’m so sorry for your health struggles, but I’m glad you are making time for the people and things you love. Prayers lifted.
"The ants are a people not strong, yet they prepare their meat in the summer." Prov. 30:25
Keep ordinary ants in extraordinary ways.

#5 Offline dspdrew - Posted July 4 2021 - 7:35 AM

dspdrew
  • LocationSanta Ana, CA

Wow that's insane.. Sorry to hear about all of that. Welcome back!

#6 Offline Manitobant - Posted July 4 2021 - 9:25 AM

Manitobant

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,898 posts
  • LocationWinnipeg, Canada
Welcome back! I don’t think i was here when you were on this forum, but a lot has changed since then. Also, your new queen is camponotus in case you haven’t figured it out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users