• Chat
  •  
  •  

Welcome to Formiculture.com!

This is a website for anyone interested in Myrmecology and all aspects of finding, keeping, and studying ants. The site and forum are free to use. Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation points to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!

Photo

Bugging3out’s tetramorium immigrans journal

tetramorium immigrans journal bugging3out antkeeping

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Bugging3out - Posted June 29 2021 - 9:09 AM

Bugging3out

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts
  • LocationNew York

Hi! I am very new here and just wanted to share my tetramorium immigrans queen and her road to 100 workers.  :)

I am from the antscanada forum but everybody left it and went here so I am expecting better here.

Here’s the story on this queen I’ll update you guys in 5 days.

but here’s the story so far. So i woke up around 7:30 in the morning on Father’s Day. I woke up to get dressed and went outside. I was snooping around my backyard to only find a wingless tetramorium queen darting across the pavement i jumped up and i put a cup over her then i slid a card under her and there you have it a beautiful queen. I didn’t know she was mated so i put her in the closet and checked on her 2 days later. She had a massive batch of eggs. That was 9 days ago when I found her and she layed eggs on the 22nd so her eggs have been incubating for 6-7 days now. They hatched today and I gave her 2 fruit flies and she gobbled them up. So now she has around 16 chubby larvae. And around 14 eggs left to hatch.  
I’ll update you in 5 days. I am open to any comments, suggestions, advise. Thanks!

peace. :victory: 

• TestSubjectOne, TacticalHandleGaming, AntBoi3030 and 1 other like this

peace!  :afro:

#2 Offline AntBoi3030 - Posted June 29 2021 - 12:05 PM

AntBoi3030

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 716 posts
  • LocationMaryland
Good find, I caught one too but on June 5th. They are fully fully claustral so don’t feed her. I’m not sure if you knew that but feeding her can stress her out even if she does eat what is offered
  • Bugging3out likes this

My favorite queens/colony’s:
Pheidole Tysoni, Selonopis Molesta, Brachymyrmex Depilis, Tetramorium Immagrians, Prenolepis Imparis, Pheidole Bicirinata 

#3 Offline Bugging3out - Posted June 29 2021 - 1:19 PM

Bugging3out

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts
  • LocationNew York

Okay will not do again. Thanks for the info. 

• AntBoi3030 likes this

#4 Offline ANTS_KL - Posted July 2 2021 - 4:41 AM

ANTS_KL

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 795 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Okay will not do again. Thanks for the info.

Yes do not feed. They grow FAST from what I've heard. So if you want that good job. I love tetra. Update when there is new progress!

Sent from my CPH2201 using Tapatalk
  • Bugging3out likes this
Young ant keeper with a decent amount of knowledge on local ant species.

YouTube: https://m.youtube.co...uKsahGliSH7EqOQ (It's pretty dead. Might upload again soon, don't expect my voice to sound the same though.)

Currently kept ant species, favorites have a star in front of their names (NOT in alphabetical order, also may be outdated sometimes): Camponotus irritans inferior, Ooceraea biroi, Pheidole parva, Nylanderia sp., Paraparatrechina tapinomoides, Platythyrea sp., Anochetus sp., Colobopsis sp. (cylindrica group), Crematogaster ferrarii, Polyrhachis (Myrma) cf. pruinosa, Polyrhachis (Cyrtomyrma) laevissima, Tapinoma sp. (formerly Zatapinoma)

Death count: Probably over a hundred individual queens and colonies by now. I cannot recall whatsoever.

#5 Offline Bugging3out - Posted July 2 2021 - 4:53 AM

Bugging3out

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts
  • LocationNew York

yeah i am going to update now.

• ANTS_KL likes this

#6 Offline Bugging3out - Posted July 2 2021 - 4:58 AM

Bugging3out

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts
  • LocationNew York

update #2

Larvae have grown very quickly right now I'd say there about 3mm. big larvae, i think there gonna pupate soon. i have been keeping the queen and her brood 1 inch above my lizards cage and he needs heat so its perfect for the queen ant. its not to hot and not too cold. its perfect. so the larvae have been growing much faster than expected. 

• ANTS_KL likes this

#7 Offline Bugging3out - Posted July 2 2021 - 5:06 AM

Bugging3out

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts
  • LocationNew York

& i caught another mated queen with eggs 3 days ago. 

i can ship to anybody in New York. the colony is $50.00 for 1 queen and eggs. 

please contact me if you would like to purchase this tetramorium immigrans queen. i only do local shipping. if you are out of New York state, goodbye!

my email is mca16f@gmail.com. 

you can pay me through PayPal so your protected.

thanks!   

#8 Offline ANTS_KL - Posted July 2 2021 - 5:07 AM

ANTS_KL

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 795 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

please contact me if you would like to purchase this tetramorium immigrans queen. i only do local shipping. if you are out of New York state, goodbye!
thanks!

Will ur parents help? I'm not in NYC just curious.

• Bugging3out likes this

YouTube: https://m.youtube.co...uKsahGliSH7EqOQ (It's pretty dead. Might upload again soon, don't expect my voice to sound the same though.)

Currently kept ant species, favorites have a star in front of their names (NOT in alphabetical order, also may be outdated sometimes): Camponotus irritans inferior, Ooceraea biroi, Pheidole parva, Nylanderia sp., Paraparatrechina tapinomoides, Platythyrea sp., Anochetus sp., Colobopsis sp. (cylindrica group), Crematogaster ferrarii, Polyrhachis (Myrma) cf. pruinosa, Polyrhachis (Cyrtomyrma) laevissima, Tapinoma sp. (formerly Zatapinoma)

Death count: Probably over a hundred individual queens and colonies by now. I cannot recall whatsoever.

#9 Online ANTdrew - Posted July 2 2021 - 5:12 AM

ANTdrew

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,376 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, VA

please contact me if you would like to purchase this tetramorium immigrans queen. i only do local shipping. if you are out of New York state, goodbye!
thanks!

Use the private messaging system on the forum. It is a really bad idea to post your email or phone number on a public forum, especially if you are a minor. Be safe.
  • NickAnter, TestSubjectOne, Antkeeper01 and 2 others like this
"The ants are a people not strong, yet they prepare their meat in the summer." Prov. 30:25
Keep ordinary ants in extraordinary ways.

#10 Offline Bugging3out - Posted July 2 2021 - 6:35 AM

Bugging3out

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts
  • LocationNew York

yeah thanks all i need to do is just block the email address if its a scam or software or some creepy pervert.

oh and uh my parents approved.

• Antkeeper01 and ANTS_KL like this

#11 Offline ANTS_KL - Posted July 2 2021 - 6:37 AM

ANTS_KL

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 795 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

yeah thanks all i need to do is just block the email address if its a scam or software or some creepy pervert.

Ok good to know!

#12 Offline Antkeeper01 - Posted July 2 2021 - 9:47 AM

Antkeeper01

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,392 posts
  • LocationA random state in the US

please contact me if you would like to purchase this tetramorium immigrans queen. i only do local shipping. if you are out of New York state, goodbye!

thanks!   

50.00 that's expensive for a queen of an invasive sp

• Swirlysnowflake and UtahAnts like this

1X Pogonomyrmex occidentalis 40-50 Workers

1X Solenopsis molesta 10 Workers (mono)

Ants I Want: Crematogaster sp, Camponotus Sp., Ponera Pennsylvanica, Mymercocystus sp.

My Youtube channel: https://www.youtube....kUjx-dPFMyVqOLw

Join Our Fledgling Discord Server https://discord.com/...089056687423489

#13 Offline AntBoi3030 - Posted July 2 2021 - 10:12 AM

AntBoi3030

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 716 posts
  • LocationMaryland

You can get hacked thorough your email address. There’s also no telling what you’ll find if you open one. Stay safe please
  • Antkeeper01 likes this

My favorite queens/colony’s:
Pheidole Tysoni, Selonopis Molesta, Brachymyrmex Depilis, Tetramorium Immagrians, Prenolepis Imparis, Pheidole Bicirinata 

#14 Offline Bugging3out - Posted July 3 2021 - 8:56 AM

Bugging3out

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts
  • LocationNew York

I am changing it to $40.00

#15 Offline Antkeeper01 - Posted July 3 2021 - 10:30 AM

Antkeeper01

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,392 posts
  • LocationA random state in the US

I am changing it to $40.00

still extremely expensive i would price a queen with 2 workers at like 10 bucks

• AntBoi3030 likes this

1X Pogonomyrmex occidentalis 40-50 Workers

1X Solenopsis molesta 10 Workers (mono)

Ants I Want: Crematogaster sp, Camponotus Sp., Ponera Pennsylvanica, Mymercocystus sp.

My Youtube channel: https://www.youtube....kUjx-dPFMyVqOLw

Join Our Fledgling Discord Server https://discord.com/...089056687423489

#16 Offline Bugging3out - Posted July 13 2021 - 10:55 AM

Bugging3out

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts
  • LocationNew York

BIG UPDATE: NANITICS ARRIVED! :yahoo:  

i am so happy! i did not check on her since July 4th. and i looked just today and it looks like the nanitic just arrived. i will feed them when the nanitics get dark and ready to take up her duties of getting food for their starving queen. i will update every week. we have around 10-11 pupa on the way and tiny larvae and a batch of eggs. its a lot of nanitics for the first generation that this colony has. anyways i know this colony will grow very fast. 

so see ya guys next time, goodbye!

• ANTdrew, SYUTEO and eea like this

#17 Offline ANTS_KL - Posted July 13 2021 - 11:25 PM

ANTS_KL

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 795 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

i am so happy! i did not check on her since July 4th. and i looked just today and it looks like the nanitic just arrived. i will feed them when the nanitics get dark and ready to take up her duties of getting food for their starving queen. i will update every week. we have around 10-11 pupa on the way and tiny larvae and a batch of eggs. its a lot of nanitics for the first generation that this colony has. anyways i know this colony will grow very fast.

Actually it's not a lot. My Nylanderia can raise around 25 workers in the founding stage. And I heard iridomyrmex and liomopetum have a lot too. And even some large ants like Oecophylla and tetraponera can raise up to 15 workers if cared for right. But hey, at least the colony is growing!

#18 Offline Kaelwizard - Posted July 16 2021 - 2:44 PM

Kaelwizard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,852 posts
  • LocationPoway, California

Actually it's not a lot. My Nylanderia can raise around 25 workers in the founding stage. And I heard iridomyrmex and liomopetum have a lot too. And even some large ants like Oecophylla and tetraponera can raise up to 15 workers if cared for right. But hey, at least the colony is growing!

In North America it’s a lot. At least in my experience.
  • AntBoi3030 likes this

#19 Offline ANTS_KL - Posted July 16 2021 - 9:49 PM

ANTS_KL

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 795 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

In North America it’s a lot. At least in my experience.
Interesting

#20 Offline Bugging3out - Posted July 22 2021 - 7:12 AM

Bugging3out

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts
  • LocationNew York

well today she now has tons of pupae and eggs. i went outside the other day and lifted a rock to find a massive tetramorium colony and took around 30 cocoons and some small larvae and mature larvae. i gave them to the nanitics, and they immediately cleaned and picked them up and brought them back to there small brood pile. now they have about 33 cocoons and 20 larvae and the queen laid about 100 eggs. success!. i have a lot of experience in brood boosting. i have been ant keeping since i was 6 years old, and since then i made a lot of mistakes. but all of it payed off i am very good at ant keeping and is now on interspecies colony making. meaning i am taking queen ants and dumping them in vinegar for about 10 seconds and putting them with a different genus queen. So far i have had 1 success with a prenolepis imparis and lasius americanus BUT... turns out they were both infertile. so anyways i will continue to update this forum on them. bye!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: tetramorium immigrans, journal, bugging3out, antkeeping

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users